2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really, didn't look like it, guy was standing on the back edge of the boards making his skis stick in the air, I can do that on a et340, and a turbo being Skidoo or Poo would kill that hill in that low snow, straight up..
This comment didn’t age very well watching Maxwell’s video…

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here’s my sled clutched by BRP engineers, way better throttle response and it’s a turbo in actual fresh snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Holy, is that sled inherently by design that slow or are the one's in charge of setup that bad.
I see its a little deep but seriously a 9R would impress more..
Riding the tail and little track speed LOL, don't try that with a Winder, you'll crap your pants as she leaves you behind face down in the snow LOL.
Honestly looks like fun though.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol i guess yall didnt clue in i was trying to make the sled go as slow as possible, working on my balance. I posted the video to demonstrate how a sleds throttle response should sound under load. Thats all ladies. Settle down.

ill be sure to get a video of me decimating an 858 at high speed next time out, Oh wait i cant. They don't exist. 9R will have to do, i have some silly friends that purchased those.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh boy. This might hurt, Lol
I think the purpose of Maxwell’s post was to show a similar instagram wheelie but with alot better snow, with a more responsive sled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sorry, but comparing NA to turbo is silly, there is now way any NA engine will hang with anything with forced induction at altitude. Also what altitude was that 858 filmed at? 6000, 8000, 10,000 ft?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol i guess yall didnt clue in i was trying to make the sled go as slow as possible, working on my balance. I posted the video to demonstrate how a sleds throttle response should sound under load. Thats all ladies. Settle down.

ill be sure to get a video of me decimating an 858 at high speed next time out, Oh wait i cant. They don't exist. 9R will have to do, i have some silly friends that purchased those.
I'm thinking your age is starting to show, getting a little heavy around the middle and the turbo is gasping o_Ofor all it can to carry you LOL
Welcome to middle age Maxi:ROFLMAO:

Levithan

Reaction score
Ya, I'm gonna say, compare apples to apples and race an aftermarket turbo sled or a 4 stroke turbo and see how bad you get out climbed on that doo there doolaider!
Wheelies are useless for climbing and that's all doo's seem to be set up for!
Factory turbo doo's are not anything special!

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking your age is starting to show, getting a little heavy around the middle and the turbo is gasping o_Ofor all it can to carry you LOL
Welcome to middle age Maxi:ROFLMAO:

Getting a little personal in here now…

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, I'm gonna say, compare apples to apples and race an aftermarket turbo sled or a 4 stroke turbo and see how bad you get out climbed on that doo there doolaider!
Wheelies are useless for climbing and that's all doo's seem to be set up for!
Factory turbo doo's are not anything special!

i would say comparing apples to apples would be comparing two sleds that people actually want to ride, a 4 stroke turbo isnt one of them, and you cant buy them.

my apples to apples is the 25k to 25k price tag

wheelies are not useless, if you ride in the thick steep bush you better know how to make that sled dance on its tail

Levithan

Reaction score
i would say comparing apples to apples would be comparing two sleds that people actually want to ride, a 4 stroke turbo isnt one of them, and you cant buy them.

my apples to apples is the 25k to 25k price tag

wheelies are not useless, if you ride in the thick steep bush you better know how to make that sled dance on its tail
Fine, like i said, apples to apples is an aftermarket turbo 2 stroke to a factory 2 stroke turbo sled.
You got what, maybe 180hp, i got like 200-210 on 6.7psi not even turned up, stock wastegate setting.
Mine cost no where near that to build, nor would i waste that kind of money for a lesser machine and covid built garbage that blows up do to inferior quality parts.
Wheelies like you showed are useless(not enough track in the snow), my sled dances too and i don't have it set up like that to get it to do it.
Now, you pull the 858 stroker turbo that they are talking about for 2026 and you got no chance.
Doo and poo better pull something good and reliable out of the hat, because, so far there is no evidence of that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom