2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what is unique according to my colleagues the 800 ctec is straightforward drop in no mods. There is 3 being done at this moment with Supercharger & 2 turbos that I know of. I know many think that’s ridonkuluos to buy new sled and put in older motor .. but guys are buying a $120k pick up and putting $20k of lift and tires on with 10 year mortgage lol.. pick yur poison but these new cats are a very nice platform

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what is unique according to my colleagues the 800 ctec is straightforward drop in no mods. There is 3 being done at this moment with Supercharger & 2 turbos that I know of. I know many think that’s ridonkuluos to buy new sled and put in older motor .. but guys are buying a $120k pick up and putting $20k of lift and tires on with 10 year mortgage lol.. pick yur poison but these new cats are a very nice platform
BDX has done a couple 900s already, and has a kit coming out shortly.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are they just doing the 800 top end or do you mean dropping in a complete engine?

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes. You need to send your engine in. $5500 murican. Ouch.

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Expensive upgrade
5495 usd that works out to 7498.20 at current exchange ,,,,,,,,, ouch

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to a guy who was talking to a guy that has over 1000 kms on a 858. I’ll be waiting for the 858 to show up. Caper11 we might have to wager on the 170 hp dyno number…

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Tiz true that nothing lasts, if it did, why would we ever buy new. Planned obsolescence. Find the guys that do drops, tail lands, 80kmhr down a whooped out trail are the guys that have issues with the rail. Put a brace on and a few other key pieces as upgrades and you'll be good. We do this to mod all our sleds out there in various places of weakness so what's different about the rail. The clutch issues were recalled for at least one or two years that i know of and was a team issue on cat sleds not a cat issue. This was not a cat produced part.
I do not do any of the sort and my rail is complete garbage. I'm a camera guy, i've never hit a jump, did two unintentional drops no bigger then 6 feet. My speed on the trail is 60km/h even on a fresh groom(track stays in one piece this way) and i've Broken every piece on the rail. Front arm, rear arm, rear axle, bogey wheels, front skid shock bolt broke the rail and the whole piece where the threads were came right out along with the bolt. Rail cracked in 4 different places, rear axle bracket glue failed and stabbed a track. the sliders got chewed down to the rail 3 times by the clips with proper tension, shocks blew out. rear swing arm broke twice and then couldn't get a bolt to stay in so put the through bolt in it. I'm probably forgetting some things as well.

Levithan

Reaction score
I do not do any of the sort and my rail is complete garbage. I'm a camera guy, i've never hit a jump, did two unintentional drops no bigger then 6 feet. My speed on the trail is 60km/h even on a fresh groom(track stays in one piece this way) and i've Broken every piece on the rail. Front arm, rear arm, rear axle, bogey wheels, front skid shock bolt broke the rail and the whole piece where the threads were came right out along with the bolt. Rail cracked in 4 different places, rear axle bracket glue failed and stabbed a track. the sliders got chewed down to the rail 3 times by the clips with proper tension, shocks blew out. rear swing arm broke twice and then couldn't get a bolt to stay in so put the through bolt in it. I'm probably forgetting some things as well.
Old 2019 rail judging by your through bolt which was stock on 20 and above. They were the worst of them all. They are now on a 3rd gen design from what i understand. I put a stainless bolt through the rear wheel mount on the rail and replaced the aluminum rivets with huck rivets as a precaution on my sons rail. Put a bmp rail brace on and 4 wheel kit all as precautions, again strengthening mods just like different areas on different sleds. Tracks have to be run tight or yes they will eat the hifax, cat has the wrong spec on these.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not talking about prairie short track 600's geared for speed( you said fast, that's how i know the 600 you rode must have been a trail sled, mountain sleds are not geared for speed). I'm near 200 pounds plus gear and was in renshaw last year in feb just when they got several feet of fresh. Was untouched over the bar pow when we got up to the cabin at 8am, had no issues with the 600 that day.
My buddies who all had there 800s where very impressed at the 600 and where it went. You have to ride one as a test in the mountains before you hate, otherwise your just talkin ch!t.
Agreed the 858 will be the sled most buy, it will be better at high marking and digging a bigger trench when not ridden correctly.
The 600 is a point and full throttle sled, making it much easier for guys to get out to the mountains and learn throttle control, also good for the younger generation and older alike when you don't want to have to vary the throttle in given situations to avoid trenching out.
No, they were all mountain sleds.. the 600’s all make good power at 12-1500 feet.
No hate on cat, I hope they get their head out of their a$$ and get back in business.
I can’t imagine you need to much throttle control in the mountains if your over 150-160 lbs (+ gear) on a 600… pretty much hold it to the bars..
I do hope I get an opportunity to try one out this winter to see how they handle… not going to expect much from under the hood.. I’m 230 + gear..

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20231126_002725_Samsung Internet.jpg

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There might not be much left of Polaris with what’s coming next either which is unfortunate they just started making a decent sled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I think there will be lots left of Polaris.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Old 2019 rail judging by your through bolt which was stock on 20 and above. They were the worst of them all. They are now on a 3rd gen design from what i understand. I put a stainless bolt through the rear wheel mount on the rail and replaced the aluminum rivets with huck rivets as a precaution on my sons rail. Put a bmp rail brace on and 4 wheel kit all as precautions, again strengthening mods just like different areas on different sleds. Tracks have to be run tight or yes they will eat the hifax, cat has the wrong spec on these.
But like I said, I never drop, jump, rally hard. I’m just the guy filming it all. So for someone who doesn’t beat on their sled that’s pretty crappy for it to happen like it has. It’s ruined a day of riding for every mechanical failure. And driving from Saskatchewan to Sicamous that’s a huge investment to be fixing a sled.

My track drive nubs are hitting the rear shock up at the top which is a new one I’ve never heard anyone complain about.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But like I said, I never drop, jump, rally hard. I’m just the guy filming it all. So for someone who doesn’t beat on their sled that’s pretty crappy for it to happen like it has. It’s ruined a day of riding for every mechanical failure. And driving from Saskatchewan to Sicamous that’s a huge investment to be fixing a sled.

My track drive nubs are hitting the rear shock up at the top which is a new one I’ve never heard anyone complain about.

Time to give up on that alpha, I’ve pretty much gave up on mine and I never had near the issues you did with the rail, I just didn’t like the alpha skid handling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to a guy who was talking to a guy that has over 1000 kms on a 858. I’ll be waiting for the 858 to show up. Caper11 we might have to wager on the 170 hp dyno number…

We could, but that dyno number is a long lead time to wait on. I am only interested in an off the showroom floor HP number. Lots can happen from a prototype to production engine.
I have ridden an extremely powerful 800etec prototype, that sled was incredible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Time to give up on that alpha, I’ve pretty much gave up on mine and I never had near the issues you did with the rail, I just didn’t like the alpha skid handling

Look have you seen how many times i've posted everywhere looking for a twin rail skid and track? It's embarrassing haha.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look have you seen how many times i've posted everywhere looking for a twin rail skid and track? It's embarrassing haha.

I definitely have now that you say that lol

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are they just doing the 800 top end or do you mean dropping in a complete engine?
No external mounts are 🔌 plug and play & wiring harness is plug and play… but as fair the AC wiring harness factory team are or must be on crack… its a dogs breakfast. But those nerds don’t care about OCD ….
Yes WH is plug and play …
But don’t quote me as AC is inconsistent with electtical, maps, tiunes ….

Top Bottom