2023 Skidoo Summit Rev Gen 5 - Turbo R

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks are personal preference. There isn’t one machine from any manufacturer that we would all agree is the best looking. The good thing about the looks is they don’t directly impact performance. So love them or hate them they still perform the same. Not really sure what your getting at but what is it exactly about this sled we shouldn’t be praising? It’s lighter, more power, more refined, narrower. They really did a good job here and proof will be on the snow next season as to just how good of a job they did. Then the looks certainly won’t matter! Is there more to be done? Sure! But we have 4 years now to steadily enjoy minor refinements year to year on this g5 . But what a great start.

They did a good job addressing issues I agree, Im sure that will reflect to the snow. If they could have kept the MSRP down that would have been better, pricing is getting out of control. But when you have people lining up to put their deposit down why not make a killing.

I was more referring to the fact that you Doo boys can't admit any faults, no matter what garbage they throw your way.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best summary yet.
FB_IMG_1644901801280.jpg
FB_IMG_1644901810311.jpg

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure where the ceiling is for many but for me it way lower than this great looking unit. $25,300, $1500 freight pdi, $500 covid fee, gst $28,700… yikes. cuddos to the serious crowd.
Yep .. X's 2 ....will continue to buy 2-3 year old low mile sled and ride the piss out of it... Let some one else suck up the depreciation. New stuff is outrageous and typically loaded with marketing bs ....they didn't find a way to make them run on pixy dust just further refinement of the same product + which is good but not worth the premium $$$ IMHO. I don't feel so bad wrapping a used sled around a tree and can use the savings for other persuits ...
More power to those who shell out $30k for it but I won't - will wait 3 years ....

bullfrog

Reaction score
U know, I remember back when I bought a first gen rev 159" brand new and paid 15k OTD. New design that climbed like crazy. I remember saying imagine a factory 2 stroke turbo with warranty for a little more, maybe 20k. Well, 20K back in 05 is prob pretty close to the 25k they asking now for the exact machine I was looking for, with a ch!t ton of power. Way I see it, u pay big bucks for everything to go riding, why not have the most power to get the thrills u looking for, and of course the highest mark lol. Out of my price range these days, but I would take one if it came my way

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U know, I remember back when I bought a first gen rev 159" brand new and paid 15k OTD. New design that climbed like crazy. I remember saying imagine a factory 2 stroke turbo with warranty for a little more, maybe 20k. Well, 20K back in 05 is prob pretty close to the 25k they asking now for the exact machine I was looking for, with a ch!t ton of power. Way I see it, u pay big bucks for everything to go riding, why not have the most power to get the thrills u looking for, and of course the highest mark lol. Out of my price range these days, but I would take one if it came my way
You're not wrong. Inflation from 2005-2021 is about 34%. Makes that $20k more like $27k.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep .. X's 2 ....will continue to buy 2-3 year old low mile sled and ride the piss out of it... Let some one else suck up the depreciation. New stuff is outrageous and typically loaded with marketing bs ....they didn't find a way to make them run on pixy dust just further refinement of the same product + which is good but not worth the premium $$$ IMHO. I don't feel so bad wrapping a used sled around a tree and can use the savings for other persuits ...
More power to those who shell out $30k for it but I won't - will wait 3 years ....
It's interesting but the price of the n/a sleds stayed roughly the same.

Last year the price differential between n/a and turbo was $2750, this year it is $4000. Getting dinged an extra $1,250 this year for the extra 15hp.
View attachment 252512
Screenshot_20220214-213432.jpg

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

buying used sleds is not great plan right now either. 2 year old sleds are selling for close to retail with +\~ 2000km. With this price increase, used are going to hold their value. Thinking there has to be some correction coming at some point, but doesn’t look like anytime soon.

Last edited:

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Prices are prices. If you can’t afford them then don’t buy. I personally spend my free time or holidays sledding, atv, or boating and that’s about it. I work to support my play.

Top Bottom