2022 Sled Rumors??

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowcheck this past Spring was a different animal. Dealers had to deal with the thought of no one being interested in putting money down due to Covid while at the same time the used market was in the toilet. My dealer took a chance and discounted so they could rely on the unit volume kickbacks they would get from the manufacturer if they moved a certain number. It paid off for them and as everybody knows, the market went crazy. The in-season sleds sold too at a higher price than the fancy snowchecks. And if you want the best price you do always need to bring cash and not finance. I really doubt there will be any deals for 2022 sleds unless you are buying an unchanged model.
And don't forget that Polaris is supplying Golden tickets again that gets you $1000 off if you bought a 2021. It does help.

yea, would be nice if skidoo did a similar promotion. There is really no incentive for upgrading your snowmobile every year. not even if you snowchecked 15 years in a row. Ill never understand that

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha I have that toque and the gear bag lol Those were good evenings...

100% they were, really cool to talk shop with the pros and check out/buy gear as well.

The gear bag is actually pretty decent. Works good as a gym bag, better than the freebie the gym gave me lol

Thistledoo

Reaction score
yea, would be nice if skidoo did a similar promotion. There is really no incentive for upgrading your snowmobile every year. not even if you snowchecked 15 years in a row. Ill never understand that

exactly, doo pisses me off with this I have checked dozens and have never got a sweet fawk all nothing....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
exactly, doo pisses me off with this I have checked dozens and have never got a sweet fawk all nothing....
Maybe some guys are a little luckier than others. I have got more than my share even though I haven't snow checked dozens but it is over a dozen sleds. Hang in there bud and the Karma will turn to good Karma.

The bags are great and we use them for travel bags instead of suit cases. They still look brand new. The toque has a liner in it and is great to carry in the jacket pocket to put on when the wind is blowing and one has to take off the helmet. Am I the only one to get a hat?? Sorry but I don't know which years we got which gear.

IMG_5720.jpeg

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No it had a centre mount turbo, 9 lbs boost, expert tunnel, skidoo steering and a tether. What else does skidoo have that polaris doesn’t that I’m missing?
And it looks just like a g4

The matrix that is, it's a real close to skidoo

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe some guys are a little luckier than others. I have got more than my share even though I haven't snow checked dozens but it is over a dozen sleds. Hang in there bud and the Karma will turn to good Karma.

The bags are great and we use them for travel bags instead of suit cases. They still look brand new. The toque has a liner in it and is great to carry in the jacket pocket to put on when the wind is blowing and one has to take off the helmet. Am I the only one to get a hat?? Sorry but I don't know which years we got which gear.

View attachment 232653

Do you use those Ski-Doo bags so people won’t steal your $hit?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2021 Khaos 165, QD2 and upgraded coloured paint and rails actually came in at a lower price than my 2019 174 by a couple hundred dollars. There was a reason that Cycleworks Calgary had the most snow check sales in Alberta.
For Polaris you mean?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowcheck this past Spring was a different animal. Dealers had to deal with the thought of no one being interested in putting money down due to Covid while at the same time the used market was in the toilet. My dealer took a chance and discounted so they could rely on the unit volume kickbacks they would get from the manufacturer if they moved a certain number. It paid off for them and as everybody knows, the market went crazy. The in-season sleds sold too at a higher price than the fancy snowchecks. And if you want the best price you do always need to bring cash and not finance. I really doubt there will be any deals for 2022 sleds unless you are buying an unchanged model.
And don't forget that Polaris is supplying Golden tickets again that gets you $1000 off if you bought a 2021. It does help.
Way more money in a deal financing than cash Chris. Cash is cash. Financing is kickbacks for the loan, extra aftermarket warranty, disability and life insurance. Dealers love financing.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Way more money in a deal financing than cash Chris. Cash is cash. Financing is kickbacks for the loan, extra aftermarket warranty, disability and life insurance. Dealers love financing.

don't dealerships also get product at better pricing based on volume levels which they can choose to pass on to customers and get even more volume and even more discounts. I used to buy gmc trucks for my business and the dealer would give me a heck of a deal at year end sometimes cause he needed the sale to hit a volume target

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

View attachment 232653

I have those as well. The bag is cool.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only volume discount you get from Doo is on PAC. You can get some percentage points knocked off if you exceed your recommended number. I think you can get a break on units if you pay cash for them in July but not many dealers have that kind of coin to take advantage of it. I have no idea how Polaris's system works. They must have good coin in their mark up if they can knock off $2000 a snowcheck sled. Maybe they get volume discounts? Rhodesie or Chrisco may know more on that but may not want to comment? Not good for business. Lmao!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Different than auto sales. Everyone thinks the power sports dealer is rolling in dough. lol
In all the snowchecks seasons I have participated in at the dealerships the customer in most cases gets more knocked off than what the dealer gets to keep.

Top Bottom