2022 Ski Doos available in January 2021

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just some Skandics and a few SP Summit 850's coming in this early release. The SP's are identical to the 2021's. I think they have some extra parts to add to their market share. Why not. Dealers are clean. The Dealer virtual meeting is Feb 17-18/2021 this year was just announced today for the actual 2022 lineup.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure why anyone thinks the Skidoo skid and shocks are so bad. I can pound through whoops waaay faster than an Axys or Proclimb chassis.

I agree with you on this but its not just shocks. I know the light, rigid AXYS chassis transfers more to the rider and the heavier Doo floats over the bumps better. The in-season Alpha I rode was the worst on a bumpy trail. Now get on a side-hill and its and you will find out how terrible the in-season Ski-Doo shocks are. Expert and Free Ride, way better.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with you on this but its not just shocks. I know the light, rigid AXYS chassis transfers more to the rider and the heavier Doo floats over the bumps better. The in-season Alpha I rode was the worst on a bumpy trail. Now get on a side-hill and its and you will find out how terrible the in-season Ski-Doo shocks are. Expert and Free Ride, way better.

Yes the inseason shocks are terrible. I find the expert shock package with 20% siffer valving and remote resevoir rear is a pretty nice setup from the factory. Freeride is too stiff of a calibration for technical riding

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealer in sault Ste Marie Ont had 150 Summits and sold them all as of last week and yet very little snow. Perhaps Doo is making more to fill demand and calling them 22's ? Hard to find any toys in Ont as they sell like crazy.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only 2 summit SPs at Martin south showroom, not much more stock and no news about the release... at all.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5231f877441644771854fc95ff3d3b45.jpg

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealer in sault Ste Marie Ont had 150 Summits and sold them all as of last week and yet very little snow. Perhaps Doo is making more to fill demand and calling them 22's ? Hard to find any toys in Ont as they sell like crazy.
I've been thinking about this a bit. I have known the marketing guys off and on for years at BRP. My thinking is BRP has market share big time this year and is already scheming how to stack the deck per say for 2022. What better way than to release some more 21's serialized as 22's, make a small change to justify it and build up a bit of a head start on Polaris for the coming year? I certainly wouldn't put it past them.

Top Bottom