2021 Polaris

minnow10

Reaction score
Yes,.. where did you buy it from?

Sorry. I had ordered direct from EarthX from the US. I believe there is somebody on this forum that sells these more locally to Edmonton. I had a warranty issue and they were great, sent me a new battery based on phone conversation and pictures before I sent mine back. They ae pricey!! A can and lithium battery you drop allot of weight off the side of he sled

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Electric start on a sled is not needed if it starts with a flick of the wrist, like Polaris. Even buddies T850 Doo started so easy when i pulled it from cold. Skidoos never used to pull over that easy. Yes I understand if it weighs nothing, might as well have it but with a weight penalty, forget it. I think the SHOT system still has a few pounds to it?

minnow10

Reaction score
Electric start on a sled is not needed if it starts with a flick of the wrist, like Polaris. Even buddies T850 Doo started so easy when i pulled it from cold. Skidoos never used to pull over that easy. Yes I understand if it weighs nothing, might as well have it but with a weight penalty, forget it. I think the SHOT system still has a few pounds to it?

It is kidof nice when twisted up on the high side bad angle and tired. and getting or feeling old like me!

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lmao! That was over 20years ago. Sleds were smaller and cameras were huge.
K ...guess like everyone you're getting older .... need a 850T 174 to haul your ass back where you went 20+ years ago on a much smaller sled ....

For $hits and giggles you should pack a "small camera" and take one of those vintage sleds for a spin and grab a couple of snaps in the trees for posterity ....

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why? I ride my girlfriends sled LOL. She paid for it
MaXi what happens when the GiRLFRieND finds ouT the POLARiS is LiGHTeR ,FasTER and FLiCKable ( 15 WiDE ) and buYs a POLARiS... Doo u StaY or Doo u Go !!! Hmm ... MeoW !!! WHos the Boss.. thaT new PuRPLE POLARiS Color sure is a nice ??? Does she become YouR WiFE and NoT YouR GiRLFRieND anyMoRE... LOL

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
K ...guess like everyone you're getting older .... need a 850T 174 to haul your ass back where you went 20+ years ago on a much smaller sled ....

For $hits and giggles you should pack a "small camera" and take one of those vintage sleds for a spin and grab a couple of snaps in the trees for posterity ....

2021 polaris sleds sure are nice eh???

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2021 polaris sleds sure are nice eh???
Yep ...back on topic after a bit of harmless banter....

2021 some nice tweaks but not enough to warrant replacement of my 16 155 with aftermarket react front end. Will likely chop tunnel and add tunnel cooler for next year along with pro ride bottom sprocket for better gearing. 2.6 series track is lots for current riding conditions. Going to delete headilght to gain heated storage for gloves and goggles.

So far all pros - 13s / 14s / 15s and 16s have worked flawlessly ...will likely dump my 15 800s for a pair of low km 19s or 20s which should be 2 for price of 1 new one plus try to spend more time learning to ride the bike ... aeroS kit looks interesting for us vertically challenged riders.

Still surprised that they didn't fix toe loops and do a factory tether and address ice build up in tunnel. I like the matrix storage - about time the oems started to include some standard practical storage.
Instead of 7" touchscreen a basic display plus a bluetooth connection and simple app to log info / codes might be better for mountain sleds - i only use display for temp on trail and rpm ... Not interested in checking messages or chats plus the group ride connectivity only works with cell coverage which doesnt exist in much of the backcountry ....maybe some sort of addon transceiver might work which would make it more worthwhile.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
31 lbs difference in dry weights N/A to N/A. 53 lbs difference from N/A to Turbo.

Now lets look at the power to weight, if we take average elevation at Allen creek say 6200 feet, Hp lose is 3% per 1000 feet, 6x3 = 18% 165 Hp - 18% = 135HP
So 415 pounds divided by 135 = 3.07 pounds per HP

now the ski doo turbo 165HP @ 6200 feet, 468 pounds divided by 165 = 2.83 pounds per HP.
now these are ruff numbers, and why the turbos work good at elevation.

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now lets look at the power to weight, if we take average elevation at Allen creek say 6200 feet, Hp lose is 3% per 1000 feet, 6x3 = 18% 165 Hp - 18% = 135HP
So 415 pounds divided by 135 = 3.07 pounds per HP

now the ski doo turbo 165HP @ 6200 feet, 468 pounds divided by 165 = 2.83 pounds per HP.
now these are ruff numbers, and why the turbos work good at elevation.
I liKe the way u THiNK ... Now leTs take ozone at 155 pounds and MaXi at lets saY 230 pounds what's the power to weight ratio now ... Hmm ok 1709 your turn

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I liKe the way u THiNK ... Now leTs take ozone at 155 pounds and MaXi at Lets start at him being 230 pounds what's the power to weight ratio now ... Hmm ok 1709 your turn

i know you, i think you got the weights mixed up LOL. But either way, your correct. The rider certainly has a big effect on the power to weight ratio. A lighter rider on an already lighter polaris could certainly perform very well

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I liKe the way u THiNK ... Now leTs take ozone at 155 pounds and MaXi at Lets start at him being 230 pounds what's the power to weight ratio now ... Hmm ok 1709 your turn

those are the power to weight numbers on the sled, of course it matters about the weight of the rider, how much fuel are in the tanks, ECT, those are the starting points,
and remember very easy to add 30HP with a flash on the turbos, and that`s turbo Hp not NA HP.

Last edited:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know you, i think you got the weights mixed up LOL. But either way, your correct. The rider certainly has a big effect on the power to weight ratio. A lighter rider on an already lighter polaris could certainly perform very well

Well I will never pass on beer or burgers thinking my sled will perform better if we are lighter. So I guess I'll just ride what I want, how I want, where I want; and never be the best rider on the best sled. Oh well; I'm over it already. Whew...

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4e8a0dc3a42aa88d6dce042ef5ff7edb.jpg

Polaris new release!!!!!! Spy photos

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah ha...what u trying to say MaXi is YouR switching to POLARiS ... Now we r GeTTing To Know u ... LoL !!! HeY WeigHT I know u Meow !!! I LiKe the waY u THiNK ouTside POLARiS would be ProuD...should I taLK to YouR GiRLFrienD as she does all the sLed BuYing in your house hold ... Just KiDDing STuD ... HoTSAUCE !!! P.S 1709 The SLeDs don't drive THeM Selves ... KooLBeaNs

Last edited:
Top Bottom