2020 sleds

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like torsion springs. Only thing I don't like about the skid is that it's made out of really weak and cheap metal.
Be nice if they beefed it up a bunch.
Define like torsion springs?

Like when doo finally updates that prehistoric skid you will turn back time and install torsion springs?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of people like them (air shocks). They are ok. But I like mine better, that is why spent a lot of money on them. Most people would hate them, but they are what I like.

That's the thing about sledding, everyone has differnt idea of what they want. I don't want air shocks or a coil over rear or 3 compression settings.

I'd like the rmotion long tracked. But that will probably never happen
I don't know if I can trust your opinion anymore, you like torsion springs.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Define like torsion springs?

Like when doo finally updates that prehistoric skid you will turn back time and install torsion springs?

They feel better to me. But I'll have to work with what ever they come up with.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Torsion springs are not prehistoric. So what truck rides the smoothest?? The chev with the torsion spring front suspension or the trucks with coil overs???

I notice I haven’t adjusted my torsion bars very often what I have done is put air in my air bags though.

chad006

Reaction score
The smoothest riding trucks run coil overs...... I’m a die hard chev guy and know plenty that have removed the torsions and replaced with aftermarket coil overs for a multitude of applications between off-road, racing and just street trucks. And really apples to oranges to compare something that is designed with payload and durability over and above quality of ride. Not to say that torsions don’t have their place, its just that for the application I don’t believe they are the best choice. Would love to try one of those lynx’s and see how it compares.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Torsion springs are not prehistoric. So what truck rides the smoothest?? The chev with the torsion spring front suspension or the trucks with coil overs???

And now we’re comparing Chevy trucks to ski doos, seems legit, definitely in the same category, I’m gonna go ask a salesman at The GM dealer what sled is the best

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm betting market share will dictate who has who beat?

heres the issue, people keep buying doo's because of their name. To be fair if the gen 4 was half as good as the xm reliability wise i would have one, BUT i will not pay 16k for a machine that needs clutches, a whole new rear skid, and aftermarket shocks before its even worth my time riding on the snow.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And now we’re comparing Chevy trucks to ski doos, seems legit, definitely in the same category, I’m gonna go ask a salesman at The GM dealer what sled is the best

. Yep suspension theory is just that I spose, all theory and no practical.
Maybe thats why the snocross sleds use torsion springs.

Only problem with the doo rear suspension IMO is the tmotion. Aftermarket skids are a thing of the past.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heres the issue, people keep buying doo's because of their name. To be fair if the gen 4 was half as good as the xm reliability wise i would have one, BUT i will not pay 16k for a machine that needs clutches, a whole new rear skid, and aftermarket shocks before its even worth my time riding on the snow.
I thought their name was in the toilet?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The smoothest riding trucks run coil overs...... I’m a die hard chev guy and know plenty that have removed the torsions and replaced with aftermarket coil overs for a multitude of applications between off-road, racing and just street trucks. And really apples to oranges to compare something that is designed with payload and durability over and above quality of ride. Not to say that torsions don’t have their place, its just that for the application I don’t believe they are the best choice. Would love to try one of those lynx’s and see how it compares.

. Yep suspension theory is just that I spose, all theory and no practical.
Maybe thats why the snocross sleds use torsion springs.

Only problem with the doo rear suspension IMO is the tmotion. Aftermarket skids are a thing of the past.

This makes for fun reading, the comics on S&M.
I think there should be a special thread started for it for all the comedians. Or should it be the confusion thread for those confused about truck's and snowcross mixed with mountain specific sleds.
Maybe i'm confused again...LOL..had to go back to bed after my last post this morning. I was thinking this is 2020 sled model topic, specifically mountains but hell, maybe not.
Maybe its 2020 anything goes.
How about them Canuck's......Oops

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This makes for fun reading, the comics on S&M.
I think there should be a special thread started for it for all the comedians. Or should it be the confusion thread for those confused about truck's and snowcross mixed with mountain specific sleds.
Maybe i'm confused again...LOL..had to go back to bed after my last post this morning. I was thinking this is 2020 sled model topic, specifically mountains but hell, maybe not.
Maybe its 2020 anything goes.
How about them Canuck's......Oops

Lol. Kinda fun isnt it.

Top Bottom