2020 sleds

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can make a fair amount more power with ethanol, but the fuel consumption is also a fair amount more. So maybe not ideal for sledding in the back country.

You should see what mixing ethanol in my brothers snowbike did. His box was designed to run on ethanol blended fuel but apparently there is no blended fuel in the winter other than petrocanada 94.

His bike rips on ethanol! It was not run right if there is no ethanol in it.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should see what mixing ethanol in my brothers snowbike did. His box was designed to run on ethanol blended fuel but apparently there is no blended fuel in the winter other than petrocanada 94.

His bike rips on ethanol! It was not run right if there is no ethanol in it.

Ya if you tune for it there is a lot of power to be made, boosted applications especially. But I think if you run E85 then you will use 1.5x more fuel roughly.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure that engine makes that power on pure e100.
There is some hidden gains with the 4 strokes by adding ethanol to the fuel.

Yeah they have different stages of tune with the highest tune using E85 I believe. Even on premium they are well over 1000hp.

Lots of options out there, I would imagine we don’t see them in sleds yet due to the cost of development vs how many are sold.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya if you tune for it there is a lot of power to be made, boosted applications especially. But I think if you run E85 then you will use 1.5x more fuel roughly.
corn makes power but you need to plan for it or you run out of fuel pump and injector pretty easily. It also doesn't like cold weather that much especially cold starts.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
corn makes power but you need to plan for it or you run out of fuel pump and injector pretty easily. It also doesn't like cold weather that much especially cold starts.

Corn makes Whiskey...Whiskey makes my gal a little Frisky....lol

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
. ........
e1a2d0072fecdaef7785cd1d92dcc92b.jpg

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So looking at that electric sled an digging into it. There using an inside cantilever type suspension. Also, I can’t seem to find much info on these guys. Can they be possibly backed by brp?

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So looking at that electric sled an digging into it. There using an inside cantilever type suspension. Also, I can’t seem to find much info on these guys. Can they be possibly backed by brp?

They aren't. Started as a grad project at University of Sherbrooke I believe and grew some legs. Inboard front suspension isn't new, PRS was similar. Where I think they could have something is combining that with a progressive linkage like a blade. Not many benefits here...shock heat is an issue as is limitations on body width. May not be an Issue for target market.

Top Bottom