2020 sleds

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just snowchecked a Hardcore 165”. Dealer told me it was close to 3g for the 4 year extended cat care. I’ll look into more in the fall when I pick it up.

OMG! That better be a bumper to bumper warranty!
My truck is a 2012 and I was quoted 4g to extend the warranty another 7 years, and that is a dodge factory warranty.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just snowchecked a Hardcore 165”. Dealer told me it was close to 3g for the 4 year extended cat care. I’ll look into more in the fall when I pick it up.

It may just be me...but, what can’t you fix for 3G ....chances of blowing a motor is slim with these new sleds..rest is cheap to fix and most likely self inflicted anyway.....I personally think the extended warranty is a joke for the cost.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It may just be me...but, what can’t you fix for 3G ....chances of blowing a motor is slim with these new sleds..rest is cheap to fix and most likely self inflicted anyway.....I personally think the extended warranty is a joke for the cost.

its starting to be like Visions and Future shop, would you like extended warranty for a fee.....

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its starting to be like Visions and Future shop, would you like extended warranty for a fee.....

Extended warranty should be free if its a good product. Its my opinion that the longer the warranty and pricier it is, is a good indicator of manufactures lack of confidence in their product. So ya offer extended warranty for those wanting it but at a very minimal cost because ya a good product should never see a warranty claim. Excluding abuse.
Its in my opinion that anyone buying a $17,000 sled with a $2,000 extended warranty is actually paying $19,000 for their unit and not $17,000. Hey its a good way to get another 2g out of your pocket LOL.

BTW, i never buy extended warranty, never have never will. Before i buy i ask the question. Do you think i need it ? If the answer is yes, i walk out.
I let my wallet talk, i will no longer purchase anything from BRP no matter how good they get for that simple reason, when i bought my RZR i told the sales guy the same. If its a POS i will never buy a Polaris product again...good thing it was a great unit.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

agreed in most cases. i have Never used warranty since my first new sled in 2009. Besides updates etc.

But take a look at the polaris 850 this year for example. Its not if its going to blow but when. and if yours didn't go this year and your one year warranty was up you would be a pretty sour customer the following season.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Warranty or insurance. Its all about piece of mind. Some people can handle the unknown and some can't. With the cost of repair these days on just about anything its definately a topic of conversation.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Idk but my 850 Polaris came with 4year warranty for free
so that engine can do what ever it wants to.

on another note
whaaaaaaat!!
4C54E3E6-A9DA-4A2B-8A69-A8ED618BA691.jpeg
F750860F-6E9A-4D2B-93CC-C948536B48AB.jpeg
48B5F33F-FEB8-46E6-9B97-2195211AE8CF.jpeg

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Humm interesting that the doo 175 had the quickest times to 330ft tho, and was .7sec slower than the alpha at 660ft. Not bad for a 35lb disadvantage.
I consider that a win for doo knowing what the alpha is geared to.

How about the poo 850 tho

For poops and giggles during a lunch break we lined up on an alpine lake with a Doo 175, Pro 174 850 and well a little Pro 800 155. The Doo was the slowest off the line and to the end of the little lake at about 500’ every time. Yes we traded sleds as well.

What’s it prove? Nothing other than these little tests are not only inconsistent as well as barely good enough brag about.

Oh the quickest 9 out of 10 times, the 155 800. Lol

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Humm interesting that the doo 175 had the quickest times to 330ft tho, and was .7sec slower than the alpha at 660ft. Not bad for a 35lb disadvantage.
I consider that a win for doo knowing what the alpha is geared to.

How about the poo 850 tho
I'm thinking the doo possibly hooked up best in the powder. Could entirely be reaction time too.

Top Bottom