2020 sleds

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the X has much better running boards, way better suspension, superior handlebar setup and more warranty. To say it makes no difference in resale or used pricing is false. They are not the same product so how can you say it makes no difference when it comes to resale? if they were the same, or comparable product BRP wouldnt offer an SP or X model.

i sell 6+ brand new machines every season. im not making this up

you can NOT make an X from an SP with the difference in price from the factory. FACT. just like the expert model in 2020

Modestly better running boards, comparable suspension (still crap but at least re-valvable), somewhat better handlebars (like 50% tougher to bend lol) same warranty if the SP was spring ordered.

quick check.

there may be 4000 sleds for sale on kijiji in alberta.

but there is 3 2019 summit X models. And one is mine LOL. the other 2 are priced outrageously

what does that tell you about the resale and demand for X models

All it tells me is a lot more guys are buying new SP's and not getting sucked into the X hype since it's not worth it until they revealed the Expert.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would say "rebuild able" is a stronger selling point. after a season of pounding whoops with an SP your fawked! 2k into new factory shocks or 3k into aftermarket setup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t buy new sleds because the first year depreciation, makes me sick. 1-2 years old and under a 1000 km, higherend models. Seems to be the best value for me.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the X has much better running boards, way better suspension, superior handlebar setup and more warranty. To say it makes no difference in resale or used pricing is false. They are not the same product so how can you say it makes no difference when it comes to resale? if they were the same, or comparable product BRP wouldnt offer an SP or X model.

i sell 6+ brand new machines every season. im not making this up

you can NOT make an X from an SP with the difference in price from the factory. FACT. just like the expert model in 2020

Im pretty sure the SP and X bars are the exact same. The boards IMO were not worth the extra coin, up until 2020 the boards were the same at the front, were a person needs it.
At the first of this season I was able to build a better suspension SP for the same price as a stock X.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sell sleds for a dealership. X models are always in higher demand than in season models. That’s a fact. They get better resale as well. Not a lot over an SP but there is a higher demand for them so that is better resale in my books.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sell sleds for a dealership. X models are always in higher demand than in season models. That’s a fact. They get better resale as well. Not a lot over an SP but there is a higher demand for them so that is better resale in my books.

bout time you show up. I was drowning in here man! lol

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and now the Xpert package just sets them further apart from the SP... im so jelly of the new spindles and ski rubbers/skis... mini bars too, ever lift skinny handle dumbells vs fat grips?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would you say they maintain the same price gap in the used market as when they were new?

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think the KHAOS looks pretty similar to last years FREERIDE? hmmm year behind much? I bet Chris heard a little birdie talk about the shorty tunnel on the DOO and made his vids... them sleds sell every year and no one ever heard of the short tunnel before...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’d be interested in hearing how many guys buying Alphas are buying the extended warranty or just taking one year? I think the guys taking one year are really going to take a hit next year on resale. That extra warranty is sure nice for resale. We see a lot of guys finding it easier to sell stuff privately than trading because of that. Sure helps out the dealerships not having a bunch of trades tying up valuable cash flow in the fall.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would you say they maintain the same price gap in the used market as when they were new?
Maybe half. There is only like 6-700 diff in the price sheets. The demand far out weighs the diff in price.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’d be interested in hearing how many guys buying Alphas are buying the extended warranty or just taking one year? I think the guys taking one year are really going to take a hit next year on resale. That extra warranty is sure nice for resale. We see a lot of guys finding it easier to sell stuff privately than trading because of that. Sure helps out the dealerships not having a bunch of trades tying up valuable cash flow in the fall.

It is a good thing for those honest guys that go with a turbo and throw their warranty away anyways. The warranty should be like accessories, add as much as you want to pay for but the price should be decent.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is a good thing for those honest guys that go with a turbo and throw their warranty away anyways. The warranty should be like accessories, add as much as you want to pay for but the price should be decent.

with these new low boost kits seems guys are just pulling them off and getting warranty anyways. Cant tell if you have a turbo or not the way these kits install now.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree Chris. After seeing Cat out market Doo with this new way of selling a sled I think that is a great idea. Sell 1 yr standard then add on as you need. A lot of guys pay extra for something they may never use. Data shows a second buyer in this market will always keep the sled longer than the first owner. And turbo sleds really have no warranty so that’s a no brainer for those guys.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with these new low boost kits seems guys are just pulling them off and getting warranty anyways. Cant tell if you have a turbo or not the way these kits install now.
I disagree Max. BUDS rats you out as soon as you plug in for anything. That file is there for a warranty rep to look at anytime. I know because we got caught.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The guys taking one year warranty get their sleds cheaper and sell cheaper than the guys trying to recover some of the inflated cost they paid for full 4 year warranty so I would have to disagree.
With overall used prices in the tank having the ability to be the cheap guy on kijiji is a definite advantage as the used buyer is looking for the "cheap" deal as they can not afford new.
Just like the 1 year new warranty guy they will also accept risk for cost.
As we are pinpointing the Alpha they will sell on reputation.....they have a good one.
People will accept risk for cost if the reputation is there, and it is.

Would I buy a new G4 without 4 year warranty?
Not a hope in hell, but then that is just me lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom