2020 Flash for 850

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
300 to 320 final force seems to work good. Its when I hear people trying to run 400lbs final rate. Doo did that one year on their G4's, so their clutching dept are a bunch of dummies. Ran alot of springs in the 250 to 280 range and have worked very good. On The 17 g4 sea level it had a 150-250 primary spring and terrbile hot clutchs, so like any clutching it is the combination of helix/flyweight and springs working all together.( and gearing..never forget)

Right? It’s shocking to see how many big name performance shops use this strategy. You can’t help but shake your head. But then it’s kinda good because you know what shops to stay away from.

It’s kinda clutch racism but when someone starts talking about 310+ pounds of primary spring pressure I stop listening.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
300 to 320 final force seems to work good. Its when I hear people trying to run 400lbs final rate. Doo did that one year on their G4's, so their clutching dept are a bunch of dummies. Ran alot of springs in the 250 to 280 range and have worked very good. On The 17 g4 sea level it had a 150-250 primary spring and terrbile hot clutchs, so like any clutching it is the combination of helix/flyweight and springs working all together.( and gearing..never forget)

2018 G4 850's all have 170/400 primarys, then they wonder why springs are binding and cups are cracking, best part is,2019 they go to 170/350's and don't change ramps or weight!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol
Stock sled vs stock sled,
the doo killed the poo, both 174/5’s

Maybe there is something else wrong with it but thats the second time I rode with that sled. I mentioned the 2020 flash to him cause i was not impressed last year with his sled. He said he had the 2020 flash in it, and it cleaned it up a bit.

The G4's hit hard on the bottom end and are quick on throttle response. Then they give up after 1/2 throttle. The Polaris 850 then pulls harder. The problem I am finding is that it is difficult to make the Polaris hit like a Ski-doo and maintain the top end pull and backshift. The heavy crank of the 850 Polaris over the former 800 HO seems to take time to accelerate and when I clutch light to compensate it looses some pull at mid-range. This could be the characteristics of a high air flow motor but I do miss that fast acceleration. I need a Polaris 850 with a lighter pork-chop crank. I guess then it would not get a 4 year warranty? The stock Polaris set-up is pretty hard to beat but I am finding it is possible to improve response by running the motor at an RPM closer to the power band. The gain has made this sled more fun at lower speeds.

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coming from a doo i do not feel any bottom end loss on the 850 poo. Low gearing and indy dans sea level kit and it rips

Top Bottom