2020 belt overload alarm

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skidoo race sleds have had a team secondary for along time. Still puzzles me as to why they do not use it on the rest of the lineup but than again, they have been using the same secondary setup since 2011.

Consumer and aftermarket R@D make the sled better.

Ya I thought that the Team secondary had made it to some of the consumer MXZ line for this year.
With all the tweaks that have been done overheated belts are really not the norm any more and more of an exception so not sure why the high temp warning.
Guys committed to a crap line are not backing out because of a belt beeper.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I thought that the Team secondary had made it to some of the consumer MXZ line for this year.
With all the tweaks that have been done overheated belts are really not the norm any more and more of an exception so not sure why the high temp warning.
Guys committed to a crap line are not backing out because of a belt beeper.
You could be right Randy, I actually hope you are. The secondary is in desperate need of updating.
Caper ?? DOO is so stubborn they won’t even ditch that POS jack shaft welded to secondary.

Yep, over 12 years of that style secondary.
, engine floats but the secondary does not.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Maxwell and I will both be testing the Team Tied conversion this year..... Looks like I picked a good year to buy a used skidoo. New Advertising.... Skidoo Beepless clutch kit.

But hey, at least the seat is smaller and the ski rubbers are updated.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Morning...

Attachments

• 17942B3B-7DED-4DD7-9256-F87A1FAD6DEB.jpg
    17942B3B-7DED-4DD7-9256-F87A1FAD6DEB.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 221

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Build a better product, haha that is just crazy talk!
Every knows that Doo clutching is spot on!!!!!

But seriously Doo has done a lot to mask their bad clutching to the point that it is about almost acceptable.
However I think they have admitted defeat as they have started to use Team clutching on some of their race sleds.

The beeper is a nice touch to go with the other cover ups of their clutch issues.....LMFAO again.

Maybe the G5.........
Actually Team started building the TRA for SkiDoo in 2007 . They were ****. We had more belt issues in 2007 and 2008 than we ever had in 2017-18. That's a fact.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you look further into the manual there are a couple more alarms added. One that goes off if you exceed 50km/hr for more than 10 seconds, another that goes off if you deviate more than 30 degrees from straight more than 3 times in a row, and another if the front of the sled comes up past a 60 degree angle. Skidoo is tired of you guys riding these machines all willy nilly and wrecking them. It’s for your own good

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why do sleds come equipt the way they do when there is clearly better stuff out there?

hmm maybe they are trying to hit a price point? maybe nobody wants to pay 46,000$ for a new sled?

all I know is compared to the chit I grew up riding the new expert is sick.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, maybe not 46K, but these skidoo's are almost hitting 20K out the door. To me thats getting a bit ridiculous. And to have a warning that your running the sled too hard... wow. Maybe just build it right in the first place.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, maybe not 46K, but these skidoo's are almost hitting 20K out the door. To me thats getting a bit ridiculous. And to have a warning that your running the sled too hard... wow. Maybe just build it right in the first place.

the alarm is dumb I'll give you that. but it's an option and the sleds have been working awesome.

and their price is competitive with the competition

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually Team started building the TRA for SkiDoo in 2007 . They were ****. We had more belt issues in 2007 and 2008 than we ever had in 2017-18. That's a fact.

Well that would be brutal for sure if worse than a 17.
Doo clutching is actually acceptable now for the performance you get.
It was just the three year chit show to get there. DeffinatlY way better now that the consumer finished the R&D.
When Dragonweld and Maxwell are done this winter Doo should pay attention and put out a better factory product.

The Belt Beeper is not necessary and just magnifies past history.
Good for a chuckle I'll say that.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Your right, I should not have to take a new doo and strip it down to get it to where it should be.

Actually the polaris is more expensive now than the doo. At least is was when I shopped around this time last year. Id take the extra cost of the polaris tho. Having the ability to customize your sled during snow check is alot better than what doo offers on their take it or leave it program.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want gold plated race shocks on my sleds, but still nothing...

or a billet aluminum skid. shouldn't be breaking parts, even if you you purposely drive it off a cliff :rolleyes:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your right, I should not have to take a new doo and strip it down to get it to where it should be.

Actually the polaris is more expensive now than the doo. At least is was when I shopped around this time last year. Id take the extra cost of the polaris tho. Having the ability to customize your sled during snow check is alot better than what doo offers on their take it or leave it program.

and yet you're on a doo. not sure why sounds like you hate the thing..

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You meant to say motor issues...
Every person I knew with an ‘07 XRS had to put several motors in their sled, and the ‘08’s durability was less than desirable.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that would be brutal for sure if worse than a 17.
Doo clutching is actually acceptable now for the performance you get.
It was just the three year chit show to get there. DeffinatlY way better now that the consumer finished the R&D.
When Dragonweld and Maxwell are done this winter Doo should pay attention and put out a better factory product.

The Belt Beeper is not necessary and just magnifies past history.
Good for a chuckle I'll say that.
I agree chuk. Just brings attention to the issues we had in 2017 for some customers. I'm gonna see what I can find out about this at work tomorrow.

Top Bottom