2020-2021-Mcbride conditions and updates

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Staying in vale but have always wanted to venture to mcbride and may head that way this trip, any maps or anything a guy can track down to see either lucille or renshaw? And what do you guys recomend for riding area for a couple of first timers in the area thanks all any info appreciated

Lucille, Bell, and renshaw are the maintained areas. I would be checking out Renshaw first. its probably the largest riding area in western canada. Plan to head in there on a sunny day to get the most of it. Belle and lucille are much smaller, tons of fun after a snowfall but get hammered out quick. I am unaware of any maps but someone on here must have something.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Staying in vale but have always wanted to venture to mcbride and may head that way this trip, any maps or anything a guy can track down to see either lucille or renshaw? And what do you guys recomend for riding area for a couple of first timers in the area thanks all any info appreciated

You can always use the online trip planner on the avalanche Canada site. Link below.

https://avalanche.ca/planning/trip-planner

Then close out the info page with the little x on the top right under the 3 lines.

27f0cff5a77d8f068d6b50411592a42a.png

Then zoom in on the zone you want.

5d0345a932fe6f8be6582d037f691154.png

24da82956ceeace169fafb92dc2b5b59.png

Or here’s a map of Renshaw but it’s not that much help out in the real world.

bf029b689b2d9cd4c7904ff64f431862.jpeg

Last edited:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
come early and check with Higgins. tag along if he lets you.

dmkong

Reaction score
Anyone up renshaw today? Snow report... please

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Remember the old days when the only way you could get condition update was by phoning your buddy who went last weekend. Now we are all on numerous sites plus looking at cameras all the way to your destination and hopefully one on the mountain...lol

dmkong

Reaction score
Hahah... and it don’t really matter because we are going anyways.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remember the old days when the only way you could get condition update was by phoning your buddy who went last weekend. Now we are all on numerous sites plus looking at cameras all the way to your destination and hopefully one on the mountain...lol

Lmao!! Right!
Sherry from the north country would call me and say its snowing and your room is booked, best sled season I ever had. I think I put over 1000miles in epic snow. I do not use the word epic very often either. Lol

Last edited:

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lmao!! Right!
Sherry from the north country would call me and say its snowing and your room is booked, best sled season I ever had. I think I put over 1000miles in epic snow. I do not use the word epic very often either. Lol
Ya Sherry was the Best at the North Country, those were the days! Place fell apart when Sandu bought the place and turfed her.
Fortunately James and Lyn took over Bell Mountain and then that place became home#2. Sadly they sold 2 years ago:-(

dmkong

Reaction score
Is there sled rentals in Mcbride? Got two sleds down...

dmkong

Reaction score
That’s what I figured.. if you see two guys on snowbikes with swollen nuts... just pass on thru.

Top Bottom