2019 Alpha

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't believe the sled will work with the TPS unplugged. The ECM would have no reference. If your referring to the TSS Throttle Safety Switch then yes it can be bypassed. Now I can't say for sure but I thought the TSS was eliminated with the use of the factory installed tether. The spring model had both at the show but the fall model appeared to have the TSS removed. Maybe someone with a 19 could verify this. I did look at the parts book and it does not show the TSS on the handlebar like the 18 does. That being said it could be elsewhere in the book don't know. Hopefully these are small issues that get resolved quickly.
Sorry I was drunk.
Yes throttle safety switch.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's gonna happen, won't say I told you so in March... Not big on gloating.

Alpha still best sled on snow
, but they might need it next year as G5 is dropping... Word is sleds going to be in the 178-181 HP range stock in 2020.

This Intel is coming straight outta Minnesota.
This sounds like the factory turbo rumors from years past.
I highly doubt you will see a power bump in this range from any manufacturer. Its always been product release than refinement.
Better chance that cat will have a 850 next season in the same HP range of the current 850’s have now.

Baraaaaaap Obama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looked at the Yamacam and l think it shows a G4 being towed by a Cat. Maybe the Doo ran out of belts...

Screenshot_20181202-101744.jpg

Lo - frigging - L .... Chill out on the whiskey and Dube's boys... Baraaaaap Obama does not need to be lit to post up the truth.

And for the record, Baraaaaap Obama doesn't Smoke he Tokes.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Rode the Alpha this weekend, Kibbels let me on that beast for a good ride and holy f**k is this machine awesome. There is not a better machine right off the showroom floor period and I have rode them all. There is nothing that handles like it in any way, game changer absolutely. Then we decided to compare it against my ported t3 with a 174 and my clutching is spot on, that Alpha with 20 kms on it not even broke in was equal to or maybe even a bit faster which kinda pissed me off actually. As the day went on it got better and better and pulled like a freight train, clutching is very smooth and he was only hitting 8100 rpm, wait till he gets it to 83! I saw trackspeeds of 68 km/hr consistantly, for those that say this Alpha beats up on the 850's I will agree track to track it will come on top, I think it will be keeping up to the 174's forsure because my ported doo with all the extra work is in the 850 zone, the only factor this weekend is that the snow was only a foot deep so we will do more testing in the fluff, I hope the doo keeps up!!! And for those that say no biggie cuz the t3's are slow and tractor like, trust me I have this thing humming, the Alpha is very fast right outta the box. I wish I could bash this thing a little, the only problem is that I can't afford one ha ha.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode the Alpha this weekend, Kibbels let me on that beast for a good ride and holy f**k is this machine awesome. There is not a better machine right off the showroom floor period and I have rode them all. There is nothing that handles like it in any way, game changer absolutely. Then we decided to compare it against my ported t3 with a 174 and my clutching is spot on, that Alpha with 20 kms on it not even broke in was equal to or maybe even a bit faster which kinda pissed me off actually. As the day went on it got better and better and pulled like a freight train, clutching is very smooth and he was only hitting 8100 rpm, wait till he gets it to 83! I saw trackspeeds of 68 km/hr consistantly, for those that say this Alpha beats up on the 850's I will agree track to track it will come on top, I think it will be keeping up to the 174's forsure because my ported doo with all the extra work is in the 850 zone, the only factor this weekend is that the snow was only a foot deep so we will do more testing in the fluff, I hope the doo keeps up!!! And for those that say no biggie cuz the t3's are slow and tractor like, trust me I have this thing humming, the Alpha is very fast right outta the box. I wish I could bash this thing a little, the only problem is that I can't afford one ha ha.
Thanks for the review but you forgot your pics. I can’t wait to try kibbles alpha too.

Attachments

• 5D037B30-AAED-4951-AB6B-CB0524DAB722.jpg
    5D037B30-AAED-4951-AB6B-CB0524DAB722.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 382
  • 5994C18D-80F2-49D7-BA6D-62F73B760581.jpg
    5994C18D-80F2-49D7-BA6D-62F73B760581.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 392
  • A10BA1DD-A85F-42B4-B41B-B086B0722DCB.jpeg
    A10BA1DD-A85F-42B4-B41B-B086B0722DCB.jpeg
    183.9 KB · Views: 390

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was very impressed with my buddies 18 ascender, especially setup with the Sidekick probably the best 2 stroke i have ever rode. I can only imagine how the Alpha would be, thanks for this review.
I have been looking at getting the Alpha and setting it up with a Sidekick but the other half say's no, the Sidewinder would need to go.
It will be interesting to see this setup by the end of the season with durability. The engine appear to be solid except the poor intake system.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
The only problem that will happen with the Alpha under boost is the shocks will not keep the front end down, they are perfect for stock and mabe even all the bolt on mods but once you put real power to it the shocks gotta go, how do you deal with that problem on the mono rail, I dont know but soon someone will make a fix I am sure.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only problem that will happen with the Alpha under boost is the shocks will not keep the front end down, they are perfect for stock and mabe even all the bolt on mods but once you put real power to it the shocks gotta go, how do you deal with that problem on the mono rail, I dont know but soon someone will make a fix I am sure.

The lockout feature isn't working with the monorail setup? People have been pretty impressed with the lockout feature on the Sidewinder, different design I know but figure lockout was key to help keeping it planted.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The lockout feature isn't working with the monorail setup? People have been pretty impressed with the lockout feature on the Sidewinder, different design I know but figure lockout was key to help keeping it planted.
The lock out works on the cats

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
The lockout shock is not working on the Sidewinders at all unless you put a coupler block in, there is too much power and the wheelie everywhere even on full lockout, that is why I say that this will not work on the Alpha once you get it over 200 hp, it will need a coupler block as well. Amazing shock for a stocker though.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The lockout shock is not working on the Sidewinders at all unless you put a coupler block in, there is too much power and the wheelie everywhere even on full lockout, that is why I say that this will not work on the Alpha once you get it over 200 hp, it will need a coupler block as well. Amazing shock for a stocker though.
I wonder if you can change the valving to make it hold......

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree, the coupling block work's better on a SW, my buddies 18 with the Sidekick wheelies but nothing compared to a SW, you need to be on it for it too wheelie hard. The 2 smoke just won't make torque like the Winder does so its much more manageable. Can't say with the Alpha i think your correct the Alpha might not work with 200hp with out some coupling help.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had mine out for 2 days in Revy... very impressed with this sled. The Ctech 800 is very strong and excellent torque! Break in day it was @8100 & 67-68 km/h .. didn’t check today. I believe I have that electrical issue as it cut out 4 times on me. From what I’ve learned one or dealer must reroute a connector near steering post. Other than that it’s an amazing sled out of box. I just need to get in better physical shape to ride to its potential.

My dealer has submitted my (I think) electrical cut issue to the Cat Tech... and I checked my Alpha last night & I have zero gouges or chunks missing from my slider & during riding I had no chatter sound from clips. So maybe this is alignment or clip issues with some??

Also after riding it 167 km this past weekend I've decided not to turbo it.... Y-Pipe, Can & PEFI Reflash and this thing is gonna be a winner winner chicken dinner!!!... well time will tell. It's reported just with flash must add 6-8 grams so this should be a good upgrade.

Cheers...

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to guy at shop who had his Alpha out.

No issues and worked perfect.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drew 562 have you had your A1 out yet? I would like to hear your review.

The lockout shock works on the Alpha really good however I only rode in Position 2 for 2 days and it held front down good. I'm 110% the lockout will be perfect with some extra HP.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had mine out for 2 days in Revy... very impressed with this sled. The Ctech 800 is very strong and excellent torque! Break in day it was @8100 & 67-68 km/h .. didn’t check today. I believe I have that electrical issue as it cut out 4 times on me. From what I’ve learned one or dealer must reroute a connector near steering post. Other than that it’s an amazing sled out of box. I just need to get in better physical shape to ride to its potential.

My dealer has submitted my (I think) electrical cut issue to the Cat Tech... and I checked my Alpha last night & I have zero gouges or chunks missing from my slider & during riding I had no chatter sound from clips. So maybe this is alignment or clip issues with some??

Also after riding it 167 km this past weekend I've decided not to turbo it.... Y-Pipe, Can & PEFI Reflash and this thing is gonna be a winner winner chicken dinner!!!... well time will tell. It's reported just with flash must add 6-8 grams so this should be a good upgrade.

Cheers...

wow thats only 3kmh less sustained trackspeed than my 850 with 154x2.5"

must be a magic one you got lol

Top Bottom