2019 Alpha

iluv2fly

Reaction score
Had mine out for 2 days in Revy... very impressed with this sled. The Ctech 800 is very strong and excellent torque! Break in day it was @8100 & 67-68 km/h .. didn’t check today. I believe I have that electrical issue as it cut out 4 times on me. From what I’ve learned one or dealer must reroute a connector near steering post. Other than that it’s an amazing sled out of box. I just need to get in better physical shape to ride to its potential.

My dealer has submitted my (I think) electrical cut issue to the Cat Tech... and I checked my Alpha last night & I have zero gouges or chunks missing from my slider & during riding I had no chatter sound from clips. So maybe this is alignment or clip issues with some??

Also after riding it 167 km this past weekend I've decided not to turbo it.... Y-Pipe, Can & PEFI Reflash and this thing is gonna be a winner winner chicken dinner!!!... well time will tell. It's reported just with flash must add 6-8 grams so this should be a good upgrade.

Cheers...

6-8 grams on 8-10hp gain. I want to believe it but I am having a very hard time.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is exactly why Snowest & FB specific product social media is better than snow & pud. My information provided is facts because I actually own the product... if you want a video go buy an Alpha or go check for yourself. As for PEFI tune and grams that’s what I was told from PEFI today you can look up their number and call them yourself.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is exactly why Snowest & FB specific product social media is better than snow & pud. My information provided is facts because I actually own the product... if you want a video go buy an Alpha or go check for yourself. As for PEFI tune and grams that’s what I was told from PEFI today you can look up their number and call them yourself.
fa2e5e30d742a1f9a3071b2c441014de.jpg

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

A lot of us believe you.
It's the doo trolls that are scared of the Alpha in a big way.
They think their 13hp are an advantage but their clutching and drive line are so flawed and inefficient they are gonna get spanked till the snow melts.
Just got back from BOS (new boots, hemet and some other goodies) and sounds like the Alpha was spankin the doos without the flash last weekend and also zero issues.
Hmmm might be some fake news being planted on these rumored issues.
Y, pipe, flash good for approx 15hp.
Yowzers!!!

You keep posting. Good info for the Cat masses.

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow thats only 3kmh less sustained trackspeed than my 850 with 154x2.5"

must be a magic one you got lol

I'm thinking you got a slouch made on a Friday cause my buddies 18 Ascender pulls all day between 65-70km/hr track speeds with a 162x3 before it got turbo'ed.
That new Ctech works better then most think, it is extremely well dailed, don't think that having an extra 25cc per cylinder Doo's and Poo's offer you girls are worth more then the great profits they are making on a sale.

On a better note at least the Cat's don't get the belt munchies and actually hold together even on their first year release, can you believe that...AMAZING.

Actually come to think of it, maybe your sled gets the munchies at 65km/hr and it wasn't built on a Friday...

Last edited:

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking you got a slouch made on a Friday cause my buddies 18 Ascender pulls all day between 65-70km/hr track speeds with a 162x3 before it got turbo'ed.
That new Ctech works better then most think, it is extremely well dailed, don't think that having an extra 25cc per cylinder Doo's and Poo's offer you girls are worth more then the great profits they are making on a sale.

On a better note at least the Cat's don't get the belt munchies and actually hold together even on their first year release, can you believe that...AMAZING.

Actually come to think of it, maybe your sled gets the munchies at 65km/hr and it wasn't built on a Friday...

Here we go with that math again Lund, we know it's not your strong suit!! Lol This girl has a poo with 20 extra cc's per cylinder only... Sure hope I can keep up??
I thought you were waving the nothing better than, and the reason I ride yammy flag last week? So much confusion in your life, you should pick a ship and set sail.. Like Maxwell for example, his ship has a couple holes in the bow, it's slowly sinking but he will sure as hell go down with it, proud as hell standing on the deck in his yellow jammies..... :)

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here we go with that math again Lund, we know it's not your strong suit!! Lol This girl has a poo with 20 extra cc's per cylinder only... Sure hope I can keep up??
I thought you were waving the nothing better than, and the reason I ride yammy flag last week? So much confusion in your life, you should pick a ship and set sail.. Like Maxwell for example, his ship has a couple holes in the bow, it's slowly sinking but he will sure as hell go down with it, proud as hell standing on the deck in his yellow jammies..... :)

ONLY 20cc wow, you got ripped off and Poo lied to you, go figure. Sorry to hear, better luck next time i guess.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did video my ride on the Alpha and did look at the speedo so I will fire up the go pro and see what the vid shows, my only battle is posting vids, I suck at it.

I'm pretty sure Catrider16 has one also racing the SW last season. He needs to pipe in to find out.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

getting power to the ground efficiently?............maybe some Math but probably more Physics......:)

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love these trackspeed arguments, it like watching abbott and costello argue who’s on what base.
Well any power that doesn't get converted to trackspeed gets converted to heat. ;)

Horsepower is neither created nor destroyed.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well any power that doesn't get converted to trackspeed gets converted to heat. ;)

Horsepower is neither created nor destroyed.

You bet, Newtons laws play a huge roll in clutching theory.

I was actually referring to the numbers being thrown out there without proof of the reading, and where the reading was observed.

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing to do today so put a set of boards on.
Put a tunel bag on.
Mounted the gas can - made my own adapter plate out of 1/2" puck board.
Now that doo can will travel to places it never could before.....lol.
Killed a few beers.

Attachments

• 2018-12-08 21.18.17.jpg
    2018-12-08 21.18.17.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:

Champagne powder

Reaction score
Nice set up! Can you show the puck board adapter for the doo fuel can. I have mine left from my 13 doo. Thanks

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used 1/2" puck board and counter sunk the bolt head to 1/8 from flush then heat bolt and melted to flush to stop bolt head from spinning when tightening. Loctite threads as not accessible once mounted on tunnel.
Used 6 SS 3/16 pop rivets with the larger 1/2" heads to mount to tunnel. Put two sided tape around perimeter so nothing vibrates.
Backer washers in tunnel to stop pop rivets from pulling through tunnel.
SOLID mount so you can stack cans two high for long trips.

Attachments

• 2018-12-08 22.29.23.jpg
    2018-12-08 22.29.23.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 570
  • 2018-12-08 22.28.51.png
    2018-12-08 22.28.51.png
    405.2 KB · Views: 575
Last edited:

Champagne powder

Reaction score
Well that’s awesome!! Going to make one for the alpha when I get home from work. Thanks for the great info and pics!!

Top Bottom