2019/2020 Mcbride Conditions and Updates

stonycat

Reaction score
There was something on north side about half way. Sorry just caught it as I was passing by. Some one put up out of the way

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We all knew going up, numbers were going to be high. I remember when Renshaw had no groomer.............
ca2fa5471cba1f0fede677f404e62de2.jpg
765eff1fd26c41169d1cb1279e796904.jpg
5ea73d46e20e2379f579d456d2d714f9.jpg
49339f8d1f85500c97bb42561c560664.jpg
104a786c663d56efbdcc75ebffd122a8.jpg
196db469b887833c69c838fe14c52993.jpg

thanks Rod for all of your efforts behind the controls day after day

Best
Snow I have seen for a long time !!!

ShawnPrince

Reaction score

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
And so the yearly bitching about grooming starts. If your going to exaggerate, try to be a bit closer. ON has 30,000 km of trails. They also have several magnitude greater number of trail users, 26,000 pass holders so far this year. Their pass price is 190-270/year, or 35 for a day pass. Does allow you to ride any of those trails. Bet BC snowmobile federation dreams of those kind of numbers.
If there is yearly grooming bitchin, then that indicates there is a problem with grooming. How bout fixing the problem to eliminate bitchin? The problem needs to be fixed. If current peeps can’t fix it, find somebody that can.

It’s like having a ski resort that only grooms once a weekend. Skiers will go elsewhere. Especially when there is another well groomed ski resort close by(think Valemount).

If Valemount has better grooming, sledders are going there. It’s not rocket science. Groom more, attract more sledders. Groom less, attract less sledders. Sledders keep these sled destination towns alive so if you treat sledders to crappy trails, the sledders go else where. Roll out the groomed red carpet for sledders and prosper.

The Mcbride sled club essentially controls the town winter economy. Low sled numbers, low Mcbride economy. If the club drops the grooming ball, less hotel usage, less restaurant customers etc etc. That’s a big load to carry so don’t let the community down.

Notice how Valemount is currently advertising grooming this week info after the Mcbride whooped out trail complaints? How delicious for those who paid 25 bones to suffer for 25kms Sunday morning at Renshaw. That’s a dollar/km of pain.

If ya gotta groom 2x/ day then do it. Advertise when trails are groomed, in real time and sledders will go there.

If there’s not enough money, raise some. Watch what Valemount does and copy it.

Notice the new buildings in Vale vs Mcbride. Vale is killin’ it and Mcbride is stale.

Y’all need to stop with the excuses for this non grooming nonsense. It will never change if it’s accepted by the masses. Ya, feels are gonna be damaged. Too bad.

If the club can’t do it, find someone who can. Simple.

Hire a an Alberta/Saskatchewan farmer to operate/maintain the groomer who also sleds. Dude will think he died and went to heaven. Work a deal with bell mountain cabins or similar motel for a free kitchennette suite for the farmer. Promote the motel on social media like crazy and fill it up for the owners. The operator is gonna load the groomer on a truck, haul it to each area and groom 14hrs/day. Finish one and go to the next one. Rinse and repeat. He is responsible for all maintenance in the groomer and truck. Pay the man by contract for less paperwork for the club. All good. Stop making excuses.

If it’s contracted grooming, get rid of the contractor and get one that will do the job better, cheaper and be on call 24/7. With monopoly situations, contractors often get too comfortable with the secure contracts and stop producing. Simply put out a Canada wide invitation to tender for immediate grooming and Mcbride club will see some pep in the step of the current contractor. Now the club has cheaper and better grooming options.

There’s many hurting ski hills who wanna keep there good operators and have machines sitting. They’d love to have work for their groomers and good operators.

Give the boys a reason to turn right from Jasper, not left to Valemount. Or just leave it and hope it fixes itself. Whatevs. It’s up to Mcbride. Mcbride has all of December to attract all of the sledders from bc and Alberta. Organize the grooming cuz the Sledders are coming. Show the sled community what Mcbride can do.

I’m gonna catch **** from all the excuse makers and it’s all good. Someone’s gotta point out the obvious.

Last edited:

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
The same groomer has been grooming McBride for 10yrs Kanedog and does an excellent job!! You've been there once and you're ****ting all over him?

Not chitting on the groomer operator at all. Renshaw wasn’t groomed on Sunday. What do want me to do? Ignore it like it didn’t happen? I never said one thing about the quality of grooming. Which, now you mention it, I did notice the quality of grooming was great. I said the amount of grooming is not enough, it’s the #1 complaint about Mcbride and it hurts the ridership. This weekend coming up can be a redemption weekend for the club.

Yes, I’ve been there once. You don’t have to go there more than once to see there’s a problem. All one has to do is search the internet for the grooming complaints from Mcbride. Sledders talk about the whooped out trails, not the great area. It should be the other way around.

Whoever is making the grooming decisions needs to step it up.

The excuses are no money, too much traffic, snow not just right to groom, it’s hard to find operators, a sled might crash into the groomer, groom after 100 sleds blah blah blah. I’ve never heard so many excuses.

After all the smoke is cleared, rain, shine, no grooming or tornado there is always a trail fee attendant with their hand out collecting money. Funny how that works. Groom dat chit man. Run up and down the trail all day if ya have to. It’s not hard. The moneys there now. Lotsa trail fees. Hotels and staging areas were full for two days. No excuses now. Let’s get it.

Last edited:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't think it took that long to do a groom - I'm fine with the whoops I've got a 174 with raptors - didn't think it would be that hard to run a snowcat either - from a sledders point of view we just see the amount of cash they bring in on the wknd and wonder why they can't do a 2nd groom - don't experience it from the groomer seat my bad

Do you have any idea of what each of those machines cost to buy and maintain? They don't run on fairy farts and unicorn piss either, fuel costs money as well. It is my experience that running a noon time groom is not very effective. Sure the first few sleds on it benefit of a smooth track but unless it is given time to set up it is not going to last. If the a$$hats could learn throttle control on the trail then the trails would last longer as well.

Just my thoughts on this matter.

Top Bottom