2018 g4 850

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have this sled do yourself a huge favour and get those clutch tower bolts replaced. Don’t retorque them. Replace them. If they break you’ll likely loose a belt and the bolt is a pain to get out.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have this sled do yourself a huge favour and get those clutch tower bolts replaced. Don’t retorque them. Replace them. If they break you’ll likely loose a belt and the bolt is a pain to get out.

Same info I was told. remove them if they will back out. Don’t bother trying to tighten them

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you saying this happens while the sled is being used or you're torquing to test if you have the correct grade bolt?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you saying this happens while the sled is being used or you're torquing to test if you have the correct grade bolt?
Some of them break as soon as the wrench is on them them. I didn't want to go to the dealer for a couple simple grade 8 bolts. So I just removed and replaced them. They will break and riding isn't recommended until they are changed. If your lucky yours will just come out easy. If not they will need to be drilled out.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was hesitant on bringing the sled back to dealer but it least this way takes the argument away,if they do break afterwards. Pain in the ass, yes. Could be worse I guess for recalls, or better yet seen a delivered 850 with front shocks mounted upside down. Gold star!!

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Are you on an 850 this year?

Reaction score
I was hesitant on bringing the sled back to dealer but it least this way takes the argument away,if they do break afterwards. Pain in the ass, yes. Could be worse I guess for recalls, or better yet seen a delivered 850 with front shocks mounted upside down. Gold star!!
Only one upside down shock for this guy , and im not going to fix it , just ride it .

Attachments

• IMG_3222.jpg
    IMG_3222.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 810
Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really makes a guy ponder the $400 PDI... Buddy of mine went to pick up his G4 and noticed the track was on backwards.... He got a $400 in store credit for his PDI charges.

thats a factory issue and not something typically checked hahaha but good for him getting the credit back

Buster1

Reaction score

Just talked to my dealer and he said that it was just some of the sleds that were produced (middle production). Mine was produced early and he said I shouldn't have any issues hopefully! This dealer has always treated me excellent.

Top Bottom