2018 boating pics and videos

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 350 that would chug through 21 gallons of LL100/hour at 5100rpm, great mileage

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like said already, you don't own one of these if economics is an issue.
That said mine averages 10gal/hr and that is what i use if i plan on a long trip somewhere. Load and water condition and type of water will drastically effect that 10gal/hr. You need to know your boat.
For an example, on the Fraser river or North Thompson i'll burn easy 12-15gal/hr, especially if its fast water, early season.
On the ocean, even in the inlets its much better on average 7gal/hr.

boat.JPG boat1.JPG
20ft NortWest, 340hp 350efi/AT309HD pump.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is gonna be an "I told you so " , kinda post, in a season or 2 !!

The new Bratt Jet Timberwolf , gonna be a huge seller in next couple years.

Bratt has always had an awesome hull , great spray line, and high quality workmanship. Unfortunately , IMO anyway, the raised bow deck thing on the Bulldog is just not pretty and the Ridgeback , better aesthetics but had such a low dash you constantly bashed your knees all day , kept them from competing with a couple other builders. But ....... I say that's gonna change soon. Updated reworked aesthetics, attention to consumer demands and a price expectation maybe a little less crazy as some of the competition, I think is gonna result in seeing a lot more Bratts on the river soon.
Beautiful boats.

Last edited:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And no I'm not receiving commission or any type of remuneration.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is true! Some of most most efficient, economical boats on the market when it comes to western Canada custom built boats! I love my nahanni specially after I upgraded from the 310 marine power to a zz5 with some additional work. But my next boat will definitely be heavier duty, hammy (maybe Scott) and 8 degree to accommodate my purpose.

This is gonna be an "I told you so " , kinda post, in a season or 2 !!

The new Bratt Jet Timberwolf , gonna be a huge seller in next couple years.

Bratt has always had an awesome hull , great spray line, and high quality workmanship. Unfortunately , IMO anyway, the raised bow deck thing on the Bulldog is just not pretty and the Ridgeline (?????) better aesthetics but had such a low dash you constantly bashed your knees all day , kept them from competing with a couple other builders. But ....... I say that's gonna change soon. Updated reworked aesthetics, attention to consumer demands and a price expectation maybe a little less crazy as some of the competition, I think is gonna result in seeing a lot more Bratts on the river soon.
Beautiful boats.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody on here run a 200 optimal inboard for the jet? Just wondering what kind of fuel mileage your getting ?

Thanks
Chadd

I have a acquaintance that had a 17ft with an outboard Merc. jet, it was his first one and was ok for a weekend play boat. It was light and easy maneuvering, great for skinny water and going locally fishing but it had its limits.
One year he came on a 2 week marine camping trip with us and it quickly showed it's limitation's.
weight carrying capacity is a big one, very limited. We ended up carrying some of his gear, noise was another big issue, very noisy compared to my V8 once on throttle.
Fuel was another issue, he had limited capacity so had to carry several fuel can's.
Overall the boat was great for what it was intended, you need to know what your needs are first before embarking on a purchase. For me it did not fit my need's, i didn't like it.
He ended up selling it and purchasing an 18ft Thunderjet inboard V6 vortec, much better IMO but too small for me.
brent.JPG

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m in grande prairie so a jet makes more sense. But I didn’t grow up around them in Ontario. Was all outboard props. The nice thing about out west here is there appears to be lots of mom and pop fabricators. There are some really nice boats on the market for sure.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m in grande prairie so a jet makes more sense. But I didn’t grow up around them in Ontario. Was all outboard props. The nice thing about out west here is there appears to be lots of mom and pop fabricators. There are some really nice boats on the market for sure.
Yes there are some nice builders in BC and Alberta.
State side there are also, mine was built in Pasco Washington when Northwest Jet was Northwest Jet a custom builder or prebuilt. Now they were bought out by Renaissance Marine group and are mass produced more like a cookie cutter style boat, to bad.
I bought mine in time hahaha
This boat won't suit everyone, it's very heavy, built like a tank, maybe even over built but it works well for me.
I had it custom built at the time and definitely was a learning curve, today would do a few thing different, like fuel capacity, 55gal. is too small, 80-90 would be perfect.
The pump would do a 312 and not 309 next time and maybe 21ft and not 20ft. Everything else is great for me.
NW.JPG NW2.JPG

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes there are some nice builders in BC and Alberta.
State side there are also, mine was built in Pasco Washington when Northwest Jet was Northwest Jet a custom builder or prebuilt. Now they were bought out by Renaissance Marine group and are mass produced more like a cookie cutter style boat, to bad.
I bought mine in time hahaha
This boat won't suit everyone, it's very heavy, built like a tank, maybe even over built but it works well for me.
I had it custom built at the time and definitely was a learning curve, today would do a few thing different, like fuel capacity, 55gal. is too small, 80-90 would be perfect.
The pump would do a 312 and not 309 next time and maybe 21ft and not 20ft. Everything else is great for me.
View attachment 210628View attachment 210629

This is what I’m liking with the all welded jet. You can customize. That was another question I had. The 20’ seems a like a perfect size. Would you notice that extra 1’ in this style of boat all that much?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is what I’m liking with the all welded jet. You can customize. That was another question I had. The 20’ seems a like a perfect size. Would you notice that extra 1’ in this style of boat all that much?

You would notice a difference if your packing gear mostly, not so much in handling or performance maybe a slightly improved ride. The extra foot would allow a little more room between the engine cowl and the jump seats. In my case there is about 12" between them it would take it to about 2ft.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would notice a difference if your packing gear mostly, not so much in handling or performance maybe a slightly improved ride. The extra foot would allow a little more room between the engine cowl and the jump seats. In my case there is about 12" between them it would take it to about 2ft.

Ok. How do you like your boat on the big water. Plenty of boat? I like to get to the coast a couple times a year. Hoping this boat can handle both the river and bigger water.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok. How do you like your boat on the big water. Plenty of boat? I like to get to the coast a couple times a year. Hoping this boat can handle both the river and bigger water.

The weakest point about this boat is skinny water, you can skim over but don't ever get off step or it will get stuck and its a heavy boat. I'm talking ankle deep, you need to stay on step, knowing your comfort zone and the boat and the river is important.
In big river's like the Fraser and Thompson this boat is at home and its all about your manhood LOL. I go salmon and Sturgeon fishing in both river's and the boat is 100% up to the task, it all depends on how brave you are, especially the Thompson, it moves a huge volume of white water in certain areas.
Even though the boat is heavily armored i don't do the stupid stuff, one, way too expensive if you bash it, two, a divorce cost too much. LOL.
I take it every year to Vancouver Island fishing and been doing it since 2009. Big water or the ocean is no problem, it is rougher then a typical V hall or deep V when it get's a little choppy it slow's you down some but it has other advantages they don't have including on the ocean.
For example, i never worry about rip tides like a V hall prop boat. In most cases unless it is a straight uninterrupted drive to a fishing spot i can easily get there much sooner and with less fuel then a prop boat, as prop boat's generally will skirt rip tides some times for miles to go to the other side while i'll go through them and directly to the fishing spot.

If your asking about the size of the boat, yes 20ft is more then plenty, there are lots of much smaller boats on the ocean fishing. I use to have a 24ft Trophy with a 250hp out board for fishing on the ocean, ended up selling it as the Northwest jet was more then ample to do the job and could not afford to have two boats.

Last edited:

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Posting for a friend looking to clean out the garage. 2 project mini hulls and a 19' Eagle Sport step tec with a 355 sbc. PM for more info

Attachments

• IMG_0521.PNG
    IMG_0521.PNG
    765.7 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_0522.PNG
    IMG_0522.PNG
    881 KB · Views: 369
Top Bottom