2018 boating pics and videos

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should be able to find a 7.5 for cheap or even a 9.9. Older models of course.

One would think but apparently they are made of gold! Mid 80’s motor guys still want $800 or more. That’s a 30 year old motor. New ones are only $500 more.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, have you ever tried paddling your boat.
A kicker is a must, you ain't paddling a boat like that.

Alternator packed it in on me last year. Went to start up and no juice, ran kicker til we got close to the dock and it had charged up enough to start the main motor and get in without incident.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alternator packed it in on me last year. Went to start up and no juice, ran kicker til we got close to the dock and it had charged up enough to start the main motor and get in without incident.

Alternators are a common failure on boat's, mostly because the batteries get pulled down a lot from floating around with radio's and electronics so the alternator work over time. Also the moisture in the air.
I need new batteries this year, they are original's from 2009. I have not had any problem's yet but will replace them before i do. Plus old batteries will kill alternators.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alternators are a common failure on boat's, mostly because the batteries get pulled down a lot from floating around with radio's and electronics so the alternator work over time. Also the moisture in the air.
I need new batteries this year, they are original's from 2009. I have not had any problem's yet but will replace them before i do. Plus old batteries will kill alternators.
I think I need new ones to. Mine are the red top AGM batteries but they always seem dead. Boat turns over hard like it’s -30 and if my fish finder is on when I start it the fish finder turns off do to low voltage. I charged the batteries up and still does it. Or my starter is on its way out and draws to much power to turn the boat over.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I need new ones to. Mine are the red top AGM batteries but they always seem dead. Boat turns over hard like it’s -30 and if my fish finder is on when I start it the fish finder turns off do to low voltage. I charged the batteries up and still does it. Or my starter is on its way out and draws to much power to turn the boat over.

Just do a battery load test, charge them first and then load test them. If they pass then make sure the cables are good especially the ground.
If that good clamp an Amp meter to the battery cable and check starter.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You and your boat are famous on Facebook!
Ya, she's a head turner! 80k and I'll hook it up behind any truck!

On your batteries, I have dual blue tops in the white one and we always run red tops in the race boats. Dead dead in the spring but a full day each on a "smart " charger and they usually come back and perform all season. Old school trickle charger might not be the right tool?

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, she's a head turner! 80k and I'll hook it up behind any truck!

On your batteries, I have dual blue tops in the white one and we always run red tops in the race boats. Dead dead in the spring but a full day each on a "smart " charger and they usually come back and perform all season. Old school trickle charger might not be the right tool?
I got one of those geniuse smart chargers that also repairs them. It has a agm setting and use that setting to charge them. Only had my boat for a few weeks before I had to put it away for winter. Will look at it closer when I pull it out!

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know Peace River is far away... but so is August long weekend so plan ahead! IMG_0367.jpg

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the August long weekend, we are having the 8th Annual Herb Setz Sr Memorial Poker Rally on Saturday, August 4, 2018 to accommodate the races and rallies. Like in years past, there are plenty of free camping spots for everyone for the entire long weekend at Strong Creek Park.

Date: August 4, 2018
Departing from: Lower West Peace Launch
Departing Time: 12 noon
Finishing at: Strong Creek Park
Total length: 60 miles
Poker hands will be 20$ each
Prizes: Top 3 hands will split 50% of the proceeds and the other 50% will be donated to the Peace River SPCA
Top 3 Kids (under 12) hands will split 50% of the proceeds and the other 50% will be donated to the Peace River SPCA
Dinner tickets will be 20$ each

As always volunteers and prize donations are always accepted and appreciated! Contact Joan at 780-618-1821

Same as previous years, we will head down river to Herbs cabin and then back up. Our final checkpoint and card stop #5 will be Strong Creek Park. Camping at Strong Creek is free for the event! Strong Creek Park is located 8 km south of the Town of Peace River, Alberta on Shaftesbury Trail (Highway 684). The rally is open to non boaters and campers alike with hands and supper tickets available for purchase after the rally at Strong Creek. Come on out and enjoy a great day on the river or a great evening with friends! Tons of cash and prizes to be won!

Everyone had a blast last year and every hand left with a prize! So let's do it again! Hope to see you all on the river for a great cause and of course a lot of fun!

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s going to be an interesting spring for sure. All this snow we just got. The lakes still have a tonne of ice. Run off with be crazy. If I remember correctly there was a tonne of spring slides in central bc last year. Lots of that debris makes it’s way to the big rivers and lakes.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my friend went out towards marble point last weekend and first pass caught a 11 lb rainbow then zero bites for 5 hrs. He was using a green Apex about 30 ft down.

10-120’ depending on water temps. Haven’t tried to jig them off the bottom much yet, but I have tube jigs and reaper tails to try... I have been using a mooching setup with 25lb mono(might be too heavy but if you incidentally hook a big King when the run starts you will be happy to have it), usually drag an Apex or Lyman or BestLure, sometimes a wet fly/streamer. Sometimes a green triangle spinning flasher, sometimes a silver Gibbs(?) wiggling flasher, sometimes no flasher... 9lb flat finned downrigger ball... we cast crocodiles and Len Thompsons and spinners sometimes if anchored, beached or drifting... not being able to use bait sucks or Id try to figure out a sturgeon over by Copper Island. Lots of the old boys anchor and fly fishin for rainbow right now, lots to try and lots more to learn before I am good at it!! Lol.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got one of those geniuse smart chargers that also repairs them. It has a agm setting and use that setting to charge them. Only had my boat for a few weeks before I had to put it away for winter. Will look at it closer when I pull it out!

Hey Neil. Check out K&H marine in peace river. Harvy has been great to deal with and I believe TylerG gave me his info. He had a real good selection of kickers there last fall. One of them was mine haha in for a fix.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys with boats are the worst. Always look at me I'm having so much fun with my family pulling tubes and catching fish and relaxing in the sun. Man I hate those guys

Man I miss my boat.��������

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked at the 180 pro-v today at coach works in nisku. Hewes makes a nice boat. Congrats. Lots of good memory’s going to be had in that boat.

Top Bottom