2018/19 Revelstoke and Area Updates

Doo2015

Reaction score
It's pretty set up and firm underneath. At 4 to 6 inches there is an ice layer you'll be punching through all day. That was what I found yesterday riding boulder. Probed 136cm. Deeper on some wind blown aspects.

mlins18

Reaction score
How was Keystone? With the conditions are guys going across shovel ridge and up over the second ridge?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How was Keystone? With the conditions are guys going across shovel ridge and up over the second ridge?
We set off a bunch of avalanches on smaller terrain so we didn't really want to spend a bunch of time out on the slope shoveling. Keystone got the rain, but not like boulder south.

And no, no one went across the shovel out.

old700

Reaction score
The crust is in Griffin too. Rode boulder today, visibility was very poor so played in the private meadows as best we could. Did find some really nice little pockets of powder.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The crust is in Griffin too. Rode boulder today, visibility was very poor so played in the private meadows as best we could. Did find some really nice little pockets of powder.

How ugly is the goat trail in?

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Conditions are excellent right now. Avy risk is increasing with all this new snow as well. Please be careful.

Anyone driving from revy to Calgary on Tuesday with room for 1 passenger? PM me, thanks!

mlins18

Reaction score
We set off a bunch of avalanches on smaller terrain so we didn't really want to spend a bunch of time out on the slope shoveling. Keystone got the rain, but not like boulder south.

And no, no one went across the shovel out.
Yea I didnt think it would be very wise to attempt the shovel out with the conditions, had debated going there but limits the size of the area if you dont go across, thanks for the info!

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Boulder on Sunday. My A-game apparently wasn't good enough haha.
Once you get through that crust it's game over. Also hard to punch a ski through which led to a couple trees wells.

Rode Frisby today. Much better snow. But very poor visibility. Still smashed some bumper pow.

Both trails were whooped to all hell. I'm assuming the rain/warm weather doesn't help at all.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The fact that the club is discounting passes due to current conditions is very generous and unnecessary IMO. I'm sure repair costs of the groomer don't get cheaper when snow conditions aren't ideal... Thanks for what you do!

You will never see Sicamous do this. You can’t even get the BCSF discount like Revy offers.

Good Job Revy.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you think the is the reason for the poor trail conditions? Mother Nature or the club?

I’m going to go with Mother Nature. The Revy club is top notch.

Sure nature has lead to the resulting trail and snow conditions but a very well recognized member of the club had a lot to say about the state of the club and the fees being charged.

Can’t say them reducing the fee is a result of that show of displeasure but it’s a good jester. I have an annual membership so regardless the club gets that money which I am happy to pay.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure nature has lead to the resulting trail and snow conditions but a very well recognized member of the club had a lot to say about the state of the club and the fees being charged.

Can’t say them reducing the fee is a result of that show of displeasure but it’s a good jester. I have an annual membership so regardless the club gets that money which I am happy to pay.

I wonder what the Revy Club members Dad thinks of his stand on the Club. Be interesting if it was the same.

Top Bottom