2017 Summit Rev 850 Display Dash Walk through

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't need to look at an rpm gauge to know my sled is running well, or not.

I listen to the sound of the pipe and whether the motor is laboring at all to know if I need a clutching change to keep things humming along.
Some times just to busy to look down.

New gauge is lame though.....sorry.
But still keeping my snowcheck.:d:d

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It makes sense now why so many poor running Doo's out there? Lol
Nobody looks at the god dam rpm and adjusts to elevation and conditions ?

shhhh...this is all part of the 30% improvement in "response." Maybe doo finally improved the clutching on the 850.

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry Dave, that dash is horrible. Can't believe nothing a bit larger with tracking and gps. This is 2016 not 1995.[/QUOTE
Gauge is too big............Gauge is too small. My opinion... it's perfect. Just the basics. It's all you need in the mountains.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like others said kind of boring display they could spice it up a bit by putting some colored trim around. it. Also like other said I rarely look at mine as it is usually covered in pow.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It makes sense now why so many poor running Doo's out there? Lol
Nobody looks at the god dam rpm and adjusts to elevation and conditions ?

Poor running Doo's?????????

Get your head out of the sand dude. My clickers are set on 3 and have been since day 1. A few little burps in Sicamous and Fernie when starting out due to lower elevation so I take it easy and don't burn up the trail at 100 mph (no problems on clicker 3 up to and including 8000'). The rest of the time the RPM's are bang on and I don't worry or think about them. I do look at the temp indicator on the trail on the way up. Other than that, I'm not a gauge guy except for when I want to sell it and look at the total kms.

I love it when guys set clickers in the parking lot, part way up the trail, in the trees at the top, and maybe once again for some other unknown reason. They friggin' tinker all day long instead of just riding :noidea:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Get your head out of the sand dude. My clickers are set on 3 and have been since day 1. A few little burps in Sicamous and Fernie when starting out due to lower elevation so I take it easy and don't burn up the trail at 100 mph (no problems on clicker 3 up to and including 8000'). The rest of the time the RPM's are bang on and I don't worry or think about them. I do look at the temp indicator on the trail on the way up. Other than that, I'm not a gauge guy except for when I want to sell it and look at the total kms.

I love it when guys set clickers in the parking lot, part way up the trail, in the trees at the top, and maybe once again for some other unknown reason. They friggin' tinker all day long instead of just riding :noidea:

The reason will be minimizing fuel consumption on a long trail in. Makes a big difference.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

"Get my head out of the sand "
Thats hilarious !!!!!

chris79

Reaction score
I look at my gauges all the time, check rpm on pulls, track speed, engine temp in low snow, guess these guys are just Heros riding endless powder everyday all day no worries in the world. Lol

I carry a Garmin rino regardless, have you ever tried to follow one while riding with it in your hand? Good times.

No time for watching gauges when flossing the sled through the trees in waist deep powder. Heroes is right bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cummins610

Reaction score
The gauge sucks. But it's just like when the first year commanders came out with no power steering, they need to leave improvements on the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can always pick out the guys who ride with stock clutching.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom