2020 Expert Spindles On 2017 850 X

thiels2

Reaction score
Hey guys got a 2017 850 X and have to replace a few parts on front end including right hand spindle and right hand ski.

Since I’m replacing those parts regardless I was wondering if anyone has tried running the 2020 Expert spindles on anything from 2017-2019? Do they work better? Also is it necessary to run a different ski or change anything else to make it work?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys got a 2017 850 X and have to replace a few parts on front end including right hand spindle and right hand ski.

Since I’m replacing those parts regardless I was wondering if anyone has tried running the 2020 Expert spindles on anything from 2017-2019? Do they work better? Also is it necessary to run a different ski or change anything else to make it work?

havent tried the conversion myself but i do know the cost of the spindle conversion kit from BRP is about the same price as ordering one replacement spindle so ya might as well try it. Shouldn't require any different hardware. You may want to order the new expert ski rubber though

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the rubbers are included in the spindle kit. The skis will have to be trimmed some to get the rubbers to fit correctly, but its not a big deal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom