2017 Proclimb sleds

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
180 hp , 880 ctec is what is what I was told .
Will see I guess but one of the three or maybe two are going to boost up the hp.

mountain_tamer

Reaction score
Dealer show is in February so we will have to wait for that before we get any hints of the 2017.

I have been told we will have the same chassis and engine for one more year but there will be a specific snow check sled only that will be a lighter sled with skinnier panels to accommodate the mountain only riders. Again just rumors same as what everyone has said but it sounds like one more year on this chassis and engine

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kind of hope that is true, as I'm not sure I could resist a 2016 chassis with a new motor, might be able to go another year without buying a new sled if there isn't much change, just put the narrow front end on and call it good for now. :d

Iamcatman

Reaction score
I have heard rumors of a Yamaha Direct injection 2 stroke coming for the 2017-2018 possibly. Hard to say but Yamaha has been WAY behind in the mountain department for a long time.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"mountain specific design team" to design their snowbike? I think that will be the big news from A/C this year.... But Yammi did promise a "100% Yamaha mountain machine within the next few years" when they started the Viper project so maybe the pro-climb chassis will stay with Yamaha and A/C will get their new design?
The snow bike is already there i believe this is where Yamaha come in with a complete snow machine.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New tech engine is due the 800 laydown is reliable and awesome but its falling way behind in clean burning and polaris is catching up and the e tec woks extreamly well .....new motor should mean less weight and maybe narrower body the 15 and 16 work extreamly well but they need to shave some weight not to the point they bend and break but ive had a 14 and 16 polaris 14 and 15 skidoo and 11 13 and 14 cats the cat is heavy feels heavy in compairon tdoo is in the middle but by far he east to ride ......a hp bump is in need id like to see a 860-900cc but acrtic cat spoors aot of racing and fee that hols us back from getting ore CC cuz it wont fit class rules and a mountain sed only BB motor is probably a dream......the same goes for track a powerclaw works ok but its dead last in comparison but AC loves it because it kicks ass in hill climb

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New tech engine is due the 800 laydown is reliable and awesome but its falling way behind in clean burning and polaris is catching up and the e tec woks extreamly well .....new motor should mean less weight and maybe narrower body the 15 and 16 work extreamly well but they need to shave some weight not to the point they bend and break but ive had a 14 and 16 polaris 14 and 15 skidoo and 11 13 and 14 cats the cat is heavy feels heavy in compairon tdoo is in the middle but by far he east to ride ......a hp bump is in need id like to see a 860-900cc but acrtic cat spoors aot of racing and fee that hols us back from getting ore CC cuz it wont fit class rules and a mountain sed only BB motor is probably a dream......the same goes for track a powerclaw works ok but its dead last in comparison but AC loves it because it kicks ass in hill climb

Prior to posting maybe read it back. Just a thought!!

Jjanke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard from a very reputable source about a new c-tec that exceeds 175 hp and a new chassis. I agree that we will see the engine in 2017 with the proclimb chassis as they have got the new 16 proclimb spot on this year. But the proclimb has been around for 5 years now so i wouldn't be surprised if they want to come out with a new chassis since poo did. I would say it wont be a massive chassis change, but who knows. Cat seems to do the best job at keeping it on the down low until the release day comes. Should be exciting nonetheless regardless of what they release. Haven't heard a complaint from anyone about the 16's.

gsteve

Reaction score
not gonna happen.... new bumpers , new boards , maybe a change to the drop and roll dimensions , maybe some tunnel tweaking....

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Then you should translate it for the rest of us.If it was grammar class,he just failed!
Prior to posting maybe read it back. Just a thought!!

Made sense to me! This isn't grammar class!

Top Bottom