2017 Proclimb sleds

iceroadtrucker

Reaction score
I was in at the local dealer the other day, and one of the salesmen was saying something about major changes tho the 2017 Proclimbs. Anyone got any information on the new. Sleds coming out????

Kenny_h2o

Reaction score
I heard new motor, and maybe new chassis. Would be interesting to see why they would move away from something they seemingly just figured out. Engines are good, maybe they're just taking up yamaha's input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xfmontana

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard new motor, and maybe new chassis. Would be interesting to see why they would move away from something they seemingly just figured out. Engines are good, maybe they're just taking up yamaha's input.

They did in 2011 to

Kenny_h2o

Reaction score
Lol I know, I bought a 2012 unit brand new, had to deal with all of the issues and "updates" they have been bringing out to finally come up with the sled in 15 and 16 they should have waited to release. They rushed to make the 50 year in my opinion. Suzuki motor is proven, and now they have Yamaha.

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought that there agreement with suzuki was supposed to expire a couple of years ago,and that they only extended it short term in order to have more time to develop the 800 CTEC, I know the Suzuki engine is pretty much bomber, but it is pretty far behind in the clean running stakes.

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 600 ctec is pretty impressive I think. If the 800 is as strong as the 600 is. It is going to be a good upgrade.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in at the local dealer the other day, and one of the salesmen was saying something about major changes tho the 2017 Proclimbs. Anyone got any information on the new. Sleds coming out????

A/C is pretty quite about changes until they are released. The chassis has been changed in 16, maybe some refinements no major changes for 17 IMHO. The engine is due for an upgrade. By upgrade i mean fuel/oil delivery system the engine itself is still competitive and reliable. Its taken Polaris 7 years to catch up. I dont believe there is alot of potential left in the 800cc eng, you may see a few hp but it wont be much, under 170. If A/C was going to build a Ctec 800 they would have by now, I believe the partnership with Yamaha is growing and that has delayed the new engine. Yamaha has some pretty hitech electronics. A/C has been designing they own engines since 2005 all the laydown type, all reliable as it gets, they wont be rushing in to a new engine not tested in the 800 class. I think the new eng will be over 800 cc maybe 850 or 900, Cat has the 2 stroke big bore figured out pretty good, Ski-Doo and Polaris not so much (well not yet at least). I am the same as everyone else just guessing but we will all know soon.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heard they ditched the proclimb design crew and brought back the M designers

A little birdie told me something similar to this. That A/C has developed a "mountain specific design team" to create the next generation A/C mountain line up. I guess with only 300 miles on my 2014, I have time to wait and see what happens.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a "reputable" mod shop mentioned a large higher hp 2 stroke.. we all know the 800's can handle a 900+ cc big bore like a day off

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard new motor for sure from a very reliable source, but no specifics on size, cant see a new chassis, 16 is finally spot on but i guess well see, maybe a longer track as well

Sent from my iPhone because who uses a computer anymore

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought that there agreement with suzuki was supposed to expire a couple of years ago,and that they only extended it short term in order to have more time to develop the 800 CTEC, I know the Suzuki engine is pretty much bomber, but it is pretty far behind in the clean running stakes.

You are bang on....while the Suzuki is a great reliable engine....it is not keeping up with the new clean burning technology....and I heard Suzuki was not interested in changing their design thus the pending divorce........

So Cat decided to build & design their own...starting with a 600. Their 600 C-TEC is a massive success and now they can take that technology further with the Suzuki 800 replacement.

I doubt the chassis design will change in the same year as a new engine...

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A little birdie told me something similar to this. That A/C has developed a "mountain specific design team" to create the next generation A/C mountain line up. I guess with only 300 miles on my 2014, I have time to wait and see what happens.

Troy Halverson is leading the mountain team thats where the 16 improvements came from, a new chassis is in the future for sure i just dont see it for a few years.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yamaha too is touting the "wait till you see what we have coming" line. Cat and Yammi are up to to something together.

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it might make sense for Yamaha to get back into the 2stroke market with a Cat CTEC 800 and their own chassis,can't see why Cat would want to let them use the motor and the Proclimb chassis though.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"mountain specific design team" to design their snowbike? I think that will be the big news from A/C this year.... But Yammi did promise a "100% Yamaha mountain machine within the next few years" when they started the Viper project so maybe the pro-climb chassis will stay with Yamaha and A/C will get their new design?

Top Bottom