2016 vs 2017 yeti. Is it worth it?

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really depends on the '16 you get IMO. Great deals out there around 7K used... Some have raptors already instead of floats, drivers machined for less noise etc... The track is supposed to be better on hard pack, I was told big power bikes fold the lug over easily on the old track. The rear handle being almost 2" higher would be nice, not sure if the new angle is supposed to clear snow from the tunnel better. the decals being cleared over isn't worth it though.... I've ridden a '16 and '17 loved them both all day

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really depends on the '16 you get IMO. Great deals out there around 7K used... Some have raptors already instead of floats, drivers machined for less noise etc... The track is supposed to be better on hard pack, I was told big power bikes fold the lug over easily on the old track. The rear handle being almost 2" higher would be nice, not sure if the new angle is supposed to clear snow from the tunnel better. the decals being cleared over isn't worth it though.... I've ridden a '16 and '17 loved them both all day

How do they tell if the lugs are folding over???

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get the 17 the track, the shocks, drivers ( no vibration), kicked up tunnel and few other small changes are worth it!

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do they tell if the lugs are folding over???

not sure, I was told that by a couple dealer guys. if you have a chance to test them side by side I noticed the '17 lug is much stiffer and the "posts" on the lug edges barely move. I did the same thing on the Camso kit and the whole lug will bend flat to the track lol but guys are saying they work pretty good. who knows.

Top Bottom