2016 sks

hougie

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to polaris. I've always been a cat guy but the new sks seems like the best option with the extra bogies and coolers. Anyone have any experience with the standard 2.4? I found a snow check with the 2.6, no electric start but it has pidd 2 on it. Is the interactive display worth the extra money? And also input is appreciated.

Marc

Chevra

Reaction score
I think if you are planning to ride prairies any amount the SKS is the way to go. I finally got some miles put on mine this last week. 5 days of riding in Fernie. Now that I am getting used to it I love it. Mine just has the 2.4 track and it performs well. That track seems to last as well. I have been reading about issues with the new 2.6 and 3.0 tracks. Guys seem to be fixing the problem by adding more clips to the track though. I didnt go for the interactive display so I can't comment on that. She pulls hard in the mountains and with the extra cooler it never heats up on the trails either. Perfect all around sled for me.

hougie

Reaction score
How's it handle with the extra bogies? I was trying to find a 2.6 as I heard the 2.4 wasn't as good.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really think you need to decide where you do the majority of your riding and really decide what your limitations are. I have a 2.6 x 155 on a pro and there is nothing wrong with my track but I have learned from my t3 not to fly up the trail up at the bottom of the hill in marginal snow on the way up the mountain. Believe or not the owners manuals will tell you things like max speed for a three in track and even have a fug factor built in. Marginal snow,speed and lack boogies or scratchers equal melting rubber. So I would not get a 2.6 on an sks if I liked going fast on and off trail in sask

Chevra

Reaction score
How's it handle with the extra bogies? I was trying to find a 2.6 as I heard the 2.4 wasn't as good.

Handles fine to me. I can't comment on the 2.6 as I have never owned one. But I agree you need to decide what terrain you are riding in. If I was riding strictly mountains I would have went with a Pro since its lighter. But to ride 50/50 between mountains and prairies I went with the SKS to get the extra cooler, bogies and chaincase. It hasn't disappointed me yet.

hougie

Reaction score
From some of the reading I've done the 2.4 wears like a 2.6 but I wonder if it's much better on the SKS with the added bogies. I was told that the 2.4 is more like a 2.3 also and that the 2.6 is superior. I ride around home quite a bit when weather allows which is central Alberta. That's why i chose the SKS over the new mountain cats and pro rmk cause it has the extra cooler. I do go to the mountains and want to accel out there alsi, that's why I figured 2.6". All I have ever owned is mountain cats, this will be the first time I am going to stray.

Chevra

Reaction score
Im sure that the 2.6 is superior, it looks like a good performing track. The only issues I was referring to were from what I have read on this forum but maybe it isn't that much of an issue. I say go for the 2.6 for better performance in the mountains, and add the extra clips if things look like they are starting to wear prematurely. My 2.4 climbs like crazy so I can only assume that the 2.6 would climb even better. On the weekend I was actually riding with a Mountain Cat that had the 3" track, he was bugging me to upgrade to a 3" haha.

Top Bottom