2016 Pro RMK Axys Goggle holder?

dogengine

Reaction score
Hello, everyone, I have finally purchased my own sled for the first time ever, and after two big rides, I am totally in love. I am however a little bewildered. The sales guy bragged about the cool new google holder on my 2016 Axys... however for the life of me I cannot fathom how one can actually get a pair of goggles to fit in the darn thing. I jammed some in but the door wouldn't stay closed, so it just filled with snow and essentially defeated the whole purpose. Perhaps I should just think of it as a sandwich warming compartment instead and move on, or perhaps I am missing something? Any ideas? Thanks for reading my first ever post. :)

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
I agree pretty tough to fit a pair of goggles in there. I use it for my touque, and a pair of thinner gloves. If you check the Axys mods thread there is someone on there that has installed the dash storage bag, but he drilled a hole in it to let heat into it. I'm thinking I'm going to do the same. Good luck

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a bag that replaces the plastic door. It's a leather zip up bag that has holes already in it to allow the heat in. I can fit my go pro, phone, extra lenses, a pack of smokes and some clif bars in there. Obviously if you have an extra pair of goggles, then you may need to lose the clif bars and smokes lol.
Keep the goggles at the bottom in the heat for best results.

It's around $150.

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So after the first few rides figured out that the stock goggle dry compartment will not hold a pair of goggles I figured out my own heated compartment for goggles, also added a tether and a weight reduction losing the suitcase and got the bbq back on....<br />
<br />
<br />
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1482888912.894015.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1482888912.894015.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 342
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1482888945.392461.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1482888945.392461.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 348

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a bag that replaces the plastic door. It's a leather zip up bag that has holes already in it to allow the heat in. I can fit my go pro, phone, extra lenses, a pack of smokes and some clif bars in there. Obviously if you have an extra pair of goggles, then you may need to lose the clif bars and smokes lol.
Keep the goggles at the bottom in the heat for best results.

It's around $150.

Where did you get said bag from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
No problem!

I love it. Also have the under seat bag and a large burandt tunnel bag with the hard shell.
I can fit everything I need. Including an extra shovel that fits under the hard shell.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problem!

I love it. Also have the under seat bag and a large burandt tunnel bag with the hard shell.
I can fit everything I need. Including an extra shovel that fits under the hard shell.

Yeah thats slick. I can't use the bar bags that came with mine because of the boost gauges, but the under the seat bag and hard shell tunnel bag is cherry...!

dogengine

Reaction score
Thanks for al the input guys. I will see if I can get one of the aftermarket options to work. I do like having an extra set of goggles... I crash a lot.

Shawert

Reaction score
I have the goggle back under the windshield and find it does not get warm enough to thaw out goggles. Anyone else have this issue with that bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find I gotta make sure they are way down by the vent.

Might still get a bag for under the hood.

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
I had the underhood bag on my 14 Pro, it worked great. Unfortunately I could find a safe place to put it on my 16. Sure miss it

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy had one mounted to his clutch cover on his doo. Not sure if they make one for poos?

Shawert

Reaction score
Definetly going to rig up an under hood bag. Have to see what is out there for options. Hate not having dry goggles especially when it is snowing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom