2016 m8000 limited higher rpm engine bog

Floyd pats

Reaction score
Having some issues with new 2016 m8000 162 limited. Won't run with aftermarket can, put a bmp lite on and at about a steady 7000rpm then pin to wot it will bog and won't rev up, can get it to do it everytime at certain rpm . Works fine with stock muffler on. Tried a different can, the thing with built in cooker and same problem. Dealer said they never heard of this?. Anyone have this issue or any info about it. Thanks

Last edited:

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your exhaust valves open at 7000 rpm not sure if its connected. I can say mine does not do that with a Jaws can.

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like mountain guy said that is right where your exhaust valves open up. have the thing on mine with zero problems. by the sounds of your post you tried the stock can after the aftermarket can?

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is at the vet for the same problem. I'm also getting a ton of fuel loading up while warming engine up. Big fuel/oil stain on my sled deck, boggy and rich so bad in reverse it barely wants to move, then once does ****s fuel on deck and goes fine. I believe that is a broken reed for richness/overfuel on the bottom end. But the top end not cleaning out pisses me off. If it bobbles and farts, I come off the throttle and lay back into it then motor reaches peak instantly. It's done this since new. Dealer was going to check power valve cables and tolerances

My last ride, at times it sounded like it was running on one cylinder and terrible hesitation at 7000-8000. Not a good feeling a ways back from the truck.

if I get any resolve I will post up here

Last edited:

Floyd pats

Reaction score
Yes aggresivezebra I ran the stock one after and it ran perfect. All seasons my issue sounds the same but without overfueling at warmup. Mines also done this since new, have about 240miles now . I'd like to hear what you find out about it

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im thinking it has to do with back pressure. i would get you powervalves checked. usually they need adjusting after about 1000 miles but some sleds its sooner than others. hopefully that can help you a bit. after that Im stumped.

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have ssi can. Been on since new. I have not tried the stick can. The m8000 i demo'd before buying had a can, did not do this

*edit. The issue is far worse when I'm labouring sled. If the snow is super deep or I'm on a slushy lake where motor has to work hard, just falls on its face, feather on and off the power then stab it, most of the time it clears up and pulls hard. But more times than not, I can't afford this at a point of critical movement thru trees or I end up buggered. New sled, needs to be fixed and run damn good period

Last edited:

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Follow up

My dealer tore it down, reeds weren't chipped or broken, but they weren't sealing. Cat reeds are prone and know to be crap. Boyesden going in now.
Also, my oil pump is faulty. Limkage was fully opening with wot, but would stick half open when returning to idle position. If you'd snap off the throttle 6of 10 times it would close. If working the throttle position normally, oil pump linkage wouldn't return to idle position.

This is may not help you out, and it may not totally cure my top end woes either, but today I have a smile. Thank you warranty and a great dealer.

inasked if my can could be creating the higher rpm bog, service manager felt the y pipe is more of a suspect than the can.... not sure what to think about that

Last edited:

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
about the y pipe he does hold some truth. in a full exhaust system the y pipe does about 75% of the hp gains and helps the flow the most. but seeing as you dont have an aftermarket y pipe i cant really see that being the issue.

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running an ssi. Very free flowing, porting/bbore ready. That's why he mentioned it to me.... I've done the Y pipe several times, haven't experienced this before. Oh well foodfor thought

Last edited:

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you don't have any sort of fuel management (powercommander/boondocker box) on the top end it would be running really lean with a lot more flow but not any more fuel. and lean is no gas witch equals no power.

Floyd pats

Reaction score
Update
Failed to mention that the sled has the gold star adjustable magnetic clutch weights, didn't seem relevant due to issue being with changing the can. Dealer looked at sled and found that there was too much of the magnets in heel end of weight and engine wasn't getting worked enough to heat the exhaust with the can on it and making it bog? Stock one had enough backpresure to heat the o2 sensor enough? Put more weight magnets on the toe end of adjustable weights and ran way better. Adjusted the weights a bit more and sled is running about 99% better now.

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm. This is new to me. I pick mine up tomorrow, riding for 3 days. I'll definitely keep this in mind. But I believe I'm already at 69grams.

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update. After new reeds and a warrantied oil pump, my sled is running great, she rips.

Top Bottom