2016 m8000 pop's/backfires at high rpm

troff18

Reaction score
2016 proclimb 800, just over 1200 miles on it. when you give it full throttle from a stop it pulls hard then sputters and pop's when it gets in the higher rpm's, and when riding at a constant acceleration it does the same thing around 7900rpm. Almost feels like it hits the rev limiter. Has stock weights in it and have ran all season back home with the mountain weights in it as i dont ride it much at home and haven't had this issue. The other day when it started to act up i weighted up for low elevation and there is no change, still acts like a rev limiter. wondering if anyone has experienced this kind of problem? Engine is stock except y-pipe and can.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2016 proclimb 800, just over 1200 miles on it. when you give it full throttle from a stop it pulls hard then sputters and pop's when it gets in the higher rpm's, and when riding at a constant acceleration it does the same thing around 7900rpm. Almost feels like it hits the rev limiter. Has stock weights in it and have ran all season back home with the mountain weights in it as i dont ride it much at home and haven't had this issue. The other day when it started to act up i weighted up for low elevation and there is no change, still acts like a rev limiter. wondering if anyone has experienced this kind of problem? Engine is stock except y-pipe and can.

I have the same sled but not the same problem. Have you checked your exhaust valves one or both could be sticking. If it backfires out the intake it usually indicates a timing issue and a fuel issue out the exhaust. You may want to verify rpm to eliminate the over reving, but i think you did that with the heavier weights. I have a service manual and if you have questions pm me I am around for a couple days.

Top Bottom