2016 m8000 FYI

Ewaschuk

Reaction score
2016 m8000.
Set screw on secondary broke on me last season. Apparently it is not surprising to the dealer. Cut the tool that opens the clutch with pliers to get back running. So may not be a bad idea to throw a spare set screw and jam nut in your tool kit.

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup thanks. I ordered one.

image.jpg

My machine has 1km on it. This is the 50t bottom sprocket. Oil full of aluminum filings.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the lower sprocket is aluminum on all the 2016's

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup thanks. I ordered one.

View attachment 199717

My machine has 1km on it. This is the 50t bottom sprocket. Oil full of aluminum filings.

They do that during wear in, its ulgy at first but do seem to last. The first oil change is critical. I have changed mine out as i regeared but have seen hi milers that look no worst than they did at 200 miles. The chain will wear right into the gear.

bmac97

Reaction score
Same happened to mine. dealer installed a steel bottom gear under warranty.

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere when you put a can on, bolt her in. Yup bolt it down, wish I did. Can jumped out of hole, melted plastic belly pan, and through the oil injection line. Caught it right away, ended my day though piss me off, was blue skies at Quartz

IMG_2271.jpg

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yow, my sled shed can came with a simple L bracket and spring to hold the can down in the hole, haven't had any problems with it.

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yow, my sled shed can came with a simple L bracket and spring to hold the can down in the hole, haven't had any problems with it.
Ya man be clips on the rail and spring to hold down, spring didn't hold it down though

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never had that issue with a can on any proclimb ive had, bmp, slp, speedwerx and ggb all have been fine, have had like 6 different proclimbs, im guessing something up with the length of the tip on it or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom