2016 m8 clutch kit question

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put an ssi mountain performer kit on today. It changed springs and secondary shieve from a 48 to a 42

I found belt deflection changed. No biggy I set it back to about 1 1/8" deflection.

I was surprised it engaged 1500rpm higher. Went from around a 3500 engagment to 5000 and pulled hard up to 8170. So the weights were right on the money as I was striving for 8150-8200.

The question, did anybody else clutch their 16, and do you mind the much higher engagment? I'll have to ride it, but may look to drop rpm back down around the 4-4500.

Thoughts anyone? Bopper?

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
High engagement results in trenching and harder on fuel while trailing. Try to find a lower engagement spring but same finish rate.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally would want a softer or low engagement, for me i am trying a softer secondary spring. The kit you have seems like more of a racing kit where you get a hole shot. Only one way to find out though.

Last edited:

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with mds and it's comes with a black Polaris primary spring which is a tad softer the. Stock and 67.7 grams of weight, it engages just like it did from factory which is a nice welcome after running the 14's and there harsh engagement for so many years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom