2016 axys rmk teaser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: An All New King takes its Throne...Video

The flat steering is what keeps me a way from the pro. I like the way cat had both options for a while. If the rush, isn't flat steering that could be an option.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The flat steering is what keeps me a way from the pro. I like the way cat had both options for a while. If the rush, isn't flat steering that could be an option.

And that insane steering on the Doo is what stops so many guys from riding it, I guess thats why they make both..

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have owned all 3 and am not a pro rider by any means......very average. I would love to go back to a pro if the motor is now pulling 160hp, it is 40pds lighter than a doo, gets up on the snow much better than the other 2 and is still comfortable for the bigger guy. Great sled no doubt.

jmho!

and now over 50lbs thats like taking the short block out...:p

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was fortunate to be able to spend a day on the new Pro, ask questions of the engineers and give my .02. Happy to answer any questions I can on the new chassis. The skis and seat are about all that remains the same and the overall chassis is nice improvement over the "old" pro in my opinion. Power delivery, ride, handling...all improved. 408 lbs with a heavier silencer means sub-400 with just a silencer swap. I am no Polaris fan and walked away impressed with the changes.

Callele88

Reaction score

Does it have digital display or is that just the short track versions?

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Everyone seems very quick to be critical... I for one am very excited about this release!

If you watch the motion of the riders hands in the teaser it looks like a vertical steering post. Also the image on their website looks like the post is vertical. I would be very suprised if it wasn't.

Second. If this sled is a joke, I have no idea what you are expecting! 408 pounds 160 hp and a 2.6" track! The pro worked awesome! And I'm sure this sled is not a step backwards! Time will tell but I think this will be big improvement over the already awesome pros. From what I can tell polaris has thought out every component of their sleds to make a light, rigid, great handling machine. They don't just strap a big track on it and call it revolutionary! Haha.

And this is clearly just a general release. It says nothing about snowcheck options. There will definately be color and track length options among other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cs5

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Everyone seems very quick to be critical... I for one am very excited about this release!

If you watch the motion of the riders hands in the teaser it looks like a vertical steering post. Also the image on their website looks like the post is vertical. I would be very suprised if it wasn't.

Second. If this sled is a joke, I have no idea what you are expecting! 408 pounds 160 hp and a 2.6" track! The pro worked awesome! And I'm sure this sled is not a step backwards! Time will tell but I think this will be big improvement over the already awesome pros. From what I can tell polaris has thought out every component of their sleds to make a light, rigid, great handling machine. They don't just strap a big track on it and call it revolutionary! Haha.

And this is clearly just a general release. It says nothing about snowcheck options. There will definately be color and track length options among other things.

looks like they changed just about everything on the pro except the skis. if you look close at the track it has stiffer lugs unlike the previous 2.4 which tend to curve. making it a true light weight 2.6.

Horse power to weight ratio...hmmm. something like 10 to 15 % better than the competition im guessing

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

looks like they changed just about everything on the pro except the skis. if you look close at the track it has stiffer lugs unlike the previous 2.4 which tend to curve. making it a true light weight 2.6.

Horse power to weight ratio...hmmm. something like 10 to 15 % better than the competition im guessing

Plus the low rotating mass power train. It all adds up to quick hp to the snow.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There is no doubt that they would keep the vertical steering post. Also this is the 155" with the 2.6" track. Lots of speculation on here.. so maybe in a few months we see a 163 3" option when all is shown.

Either way, huge steps and I love reading the **** talk. Going to be a good year on the 2016 Pro in late 2015.

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There is no doubt that they would keep the vertical steering post. Also this is the 155" with the 2.6" track. Lots of speculation on here.. so maybe in a few months we see a 163 3" option when all is shown.

Either way, huge steps and I love reading the **** talk. Going to be a good year on the 2016 Pro in late 2015.

The rider ergos as far as footwell and bar position are identical except for narrower bars. There will be 4 other configurations....my guess is track lengths and Assault versions.
I do t see them going 3", their 2.6 with soft lugs it will be more than competitive and their focus seems to be on rotating weight reduction. Except for the worlds heaviest secondary clutch, what's up with that?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The rider ergos as far as footwell and bar position are identical except for narrower bars. There will be 4 other configurations....my guess is track lengths and Assault versions.
I do t see them going 3", their 2.6 with soft lugs it will be more than competitive and their focus seems to be on rotating weight reduction. Except for the worlds heaviest secondary clutch, what's up with that?

Was there anything that you felt was either a disadvantage or just disliked right away?

Aside from the secondary. Haha.

Do you feel the new motor puts it inline with the performance of the etec?

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Was there anything that you felt was either a disadvantage or just disliked right away?

Aside from the secondary. Haha.

Do you feel the new motor puts it inline with the performance of the etec?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

The added power was noticable. Spun up quicker (lighter crank and clutching changes). I liked the narrower bars and new bend, they felt more like the Doo bars I am used to. The bump ride was much better than the old Pro but still not up to par with the Doo....but I have no idea how these were setup, perhaps not ideal for my weight...?
If I had to pick a dislike it would be the footwells. I would like to be able to get my feet farther forward and eliminate that hoop that traps your boot at the most un opportune times. Overall a very nice sled, great power, good ergos, easier to adapt to than the old Pro when coming off a different brand.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be happy it dosent come with a 3" track it will save your polaris forum being full of stupid threads wondering why sleds heat up on trail, why they are burning there sliders off when they ditch bang there 3" and so on and so on.

When you snowcheck a 2016 Poo do you have your choice of a complimentary durability kit??? or a sweet wrap???

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

appears they may have addressed the crumple zone in the footwell area with some extrusions in the overlay.

Attachments

• footwell.jpg
    footwell.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 310
Top Bottom