2016 Arctic Cat m8000 left me stranded for 2nd time.

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had same deal and ended up being water in the ecm and the plugs ... mine would only run pointing up hill and die instantly once pointed downhill .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great Pumpkin

Reaction score
Get dealer to check on computer. It might be going into fail safe mode. We had one that temp sensor was riding about 20 degrees high. Sled would be a sob to start because ecu is programmed not to allow sled to start in hot condition. Cutlers has actually been suppling a switch with his turbo kits to fool the ecu if hard starts occur. Just a thought. It worked on ours.

WoodChuck

Reaction score
You guys all have great ideas, and now that its back home finally, it idles and runs normal, so I cant trouble shoot it... But I know it will do this to me again next time I have a situation like this. Can't really rely on this machine, sucks. Brand new basically and shouldn't have to even look at it or trouble shoot for that matter.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealer purchased from swapped to Polaris and no cat dealers near me at all. Honestly considering trading for a second Axys.

But thank you sleded for the tips, I really appreciate it.

How far is the closest dealer?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys all have great ideas, and now that its back home finally, it idles and runs normal, so I cant trouble shoot it... But I know it will do this to me again next time I have a situation like this. Can't really rely on this machine, sucks. Brand new basically and shouldn't have to even look at it or trouble shoot for that matter.
Did u check the air box for water?

WoodChuck

Reaction score
Did u check the air box for water?
Not yet.

On on a side note, the only time it'd even get a spark of power is if one of us held the throttle just past the point it'd 'click'. A few times it'd come to life at that point then just bog down and die. Is it possible it's a TPS problem?

Great Pumpkin

Reaction score
Another possible issue might be the TSS. Theres a few pro climbs running around with it unplugged. If it is a TPS problem and still under warranty. Best to have dealer adjust. If you have engine problems down road under warranty, and they see TPS has been adjusted with out a record of it. Cat has been know to get pouty. Agree with the shouldn't have to hunt down these type of issues on newer sleds. Especially if it still stock.

Saskgrizz

Reaction score
There should be a fuel pickup at back of tank so nose up shouldn't matter. Try lifting front of sled in shop, if it dies pull plug, getting fuel? Could be a float problem. Just throwing some ideas out there as this isn't too hard of work from behind keyboard.

WoodChuck

Reaction score
There should be a fuel pickup at back of tank so nose up shouldn't matter. Try lifting front of sled in shop, if it dies pull plug, getting fuel? Could be a float problem. Just throwing some ideas out there as this isn't too hard of work from behind keyboard.
Dad and I were gonna get onto doing that when we got time. Thank you everyone for the ideas. I'll report back, may be a few days before we get to look at it.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are also pickups in the front of the tank that will suck air if the smart valve is stuck.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
a57a50cd126f1aa9c998477786163bf9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

mtmrider

Reaction score
and another twist with the same model motor ???New 2016 Sno Pro m8000 dies but starts back up right away. Between 3000-4300 rpm sounds like it's shutting down (3850-4250 is really touchy), sometimes pulls out of it, other times it just shuts down. It shut down uloading from trailer--then 7 times more in 8 miles. Happens in powder or on hard pack. Lots of vibration noise on the clutch side of sled with intensity at 4500. Elevation 6700. Over 5 grand it runs awesome...??

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and another twist with the same model motor ???New 2016 Sno Pro m8000 dies but starts back up right away. Between 3000-4300 rpm sounds like it's shutting down (3850-4250 is really touchy), sometimes pulls out of it, other times it just shuts down. It shut down uloading from trailer--then 7 times more in 8 miles. Happens in powder or on hard pack. Lots of vibration noise on the clutch side of sled with intensity at 4500. Elevation 6700. Over 5 grand it runs awesome...??
Sounds like the tss

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not a lot of floats on a fuel injected sled. :D

WoodChuck

Reaction score
Drained fuel completely and ran it with no fuel heard it sucking air and it still ran didn't stall. So a completely different problem when the nose is up and it won't start back up after shut off until pulled out and on flat ground.

Top Bottom