2016 Arctic Cat m8000 left me stranded for 2nd time.

WoodChuck

Reaction score
Damn thing just trenches so hard and when it does, the engine dies and it won't turn back over. This time it got stuck so bad we couldn't even pull it out with two sleds pulling on each ski, and it won't even start to give it throttle while we pull. Disgusted. Why would they manufacture something that leaves you stranded? Other time hit a ditch and went over handlebars and it did the same thing. Wouldn't start. Anyone have similar issues and any fixes?

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Adjust your suspension so it doesn't trench. Pull front rails up by tightening limiter strap, stiffen rear shock a bit. Check with cat dealer to see if any ecm updates available for the no start issue.

WoodChuck

Reaction score
Dealer purchased from swapped to Polaris and no cat dealers near me at all. Honestly considering trading for a second Axys.

But thank you sleded for the tips, I really appreciate it.

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 8s great 5000k still starts they all trench most times it's the rider . Me to

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How's your air box? Your saying it dies when you are trenching. Is it sucking snow into the carbs?
I ride with a bunch of cats myself included and we have never had the machines die while trenching. They just pop out and go

nathan#19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it dies fast enough the clutch may be still engaged ..therefore not allow the engine to turn. Next time take a look at the belt.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

WoodChuck

Reaction score
It runs but if we shut it off it won't go again when it's at an angle. Got it out it ran soon as it hit flat ground. Weird? Boggy to truck stalled when reached trailer but idled strong in trailer. 300ish miles.

WoodChuck

Reaction score
My 8s great 5000k still starts they all trench most times it's the rider . Me to

Funny you say that. My dad rides the cat I ride the axys. My axys doesn't trench in areas the cat does. Following him is hell, he leaves fat ruts and I've actually sunk several times following his lines. If I make my own line I'm fine.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It runs but if we shut it off it won't go again when it's at an angle. Got it out it ran soon as it hit flat ground. Weird? Boggy to truck stalled when reached trailer but idled strong in trailer. 300ish miles.

Is it flooding? Does it make a difference which angle? Left right front end up?

WoodChuck

Reaction score
Let me correct myself,
the first time the sled stalled I hit a ravine because we had rain at high levels, stalled my engine, finally got it started after waiting. Today, just stuck it after trenching with the nose up in the air. After digging and trying to get it out it wouldn't start, eventually we got it to start only to stall after 3 seconds. After we got help, we were able to get it started after sitting for hours only to stall out at low RPM's. When I got back to the trailer, it was idling fine. I've been riding Arctic cats for years the only other time I had this problem was a 08 arctic cat after sticking it and rolling it over I had to wait to get it to start. But nothing like today. First time I've ever been failed like that.

cat925

Reaction score
1 have a 2016 limited with the big front bumper and with it being so cold the ice that builds up around we're the hood meets the air box and breaks the seal my air box it was full of ice sled sounds like it was running the same as yours I took off that bumper and just put the straight one on and no issues since engine was just sucking moisture in good luck post when you figure it out

WoodChuck

Reaction score
1 have a 2016 limited with the big front bumper and with it being so cold the ice that builds up around we're the hood meets the air box and breaks the seal my air box it was full of ice sled sounds like it was running the same as yours I took off that bumper and just put the straight one on and no issues since engine was just sucking moisture in good luck post when you figure it out
Great info. Thank you, will do!

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely seems like a fuel problem but I don't know what or why.
Check the smart valves on your fuel pickup, also check the tank vent. Is your throttle cable adjusted correctly? These are issues that can cause similar problems. Check the barometric pressure tube make sure its not plugged or blocked.

Last edited:
Top Bottom