2016/17 snowfall predictions!'

Chronic Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well fellas, I've heard quite consistently it's supposed to be a awesome year for snow! I've got faith in this upcoming season! The last 2 winters around here and outside the Rockies have basically been a bust. I'm excited to put some miles on the turbo cat this year! I think we'll get our first good shot in October this year.

What do you guys say? What do you think?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I've been wishing and hoping for snow for most of my life and Halloween has normally been the first ground sticking white stuff other than the maybe the last 5 years (the ground wasn't even frozen for those years). Even here in the mountains, the earliest I have ridden and been able to ride the rest of the winter has been November 7th.

I'm with you for a good winter..................let it snow early and let it snow often!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wish in the shuswap is lottsa of snow from Nov to end of may and enough snow at low elevation to drive from the lot's most of the season.
I hope so too, last year's driving up sucked, the roads are fawked now lol

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we should have good snow this year. We are heading into the fall which is the dry time of the year and still getting rain, so it should get lots of snow. Even though I don't have a sled anymore I sure hope so! The lakes need a few heavy snow falls!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chronic Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In 96' it was a good snow year with a large first snow fall, and in 06' it dumped 3' over night on October 28th, let's hope the 10 year trend holds up.... Knock on wood

Oh how I hope you are correct! In the central prairies I'd take 3' for the whole accumulated winter let alone the first dump. Here's to hoping!!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it will be about the same as last winter, and I don't know why so many people had a bad winter last year. I never had one bad day from November until I stopped, unless you consider fresh pow everyday a bad day!

Sure the season could have been longer but I didn't even want to ride in spring conditions given the great snow we always found.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In 96' it was a good snow year with a large first snow fall, and in 06' it dumped 3' over night on October 28th, let's hope the 10 year trend holds up.... Knock on wood

96 was a early year. We were up in Gorman Lake second weekend in November, ended up getting in a huge Avalanche. We were super lucky, I swam to to the top, one guy buried to his neck with his hand on other buddies helmet whose head was buried 2' below the snow. Here's to lots of snow and no burials.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had one bad snow day in January and until April, had over 1 foot fresh to ride every weekend

In April I was like mehhhh, and as joholio says, satisfied for the year

Reactions: ren
Top Bottom