2016-17 Invermere area conditions

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Rode Forster today. As we came back to the parking lot there were two RCMP officers there. (The female officer was very cute btw) they are checking for registration and insurance as well as booze etc. Kinda a cash grab but I was happy to see them keeping tabs on the place. Our group was fine but lots of others were getting tickets.
Trail is in decent. Road is icy in the corners. Lots of fresh and deep
1c2e731dc28e855ff4e0a935785d4f9d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Summitdoorule

Reaction score
Please don't go up to Catamount Glacier until after the 15 of February!!! The Windermere Snowmobile Valley Society has worked VERY hard in Lobbying with the BC Government and other party's involved to get this area back open to Snowmobiling!!!... If we don't respect the Closure Date we will loose the Privilege of Riding that Glacier...

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the upmost respect for what the club does and wouldn't poach the area early I heard it opened family day this year as they did open it early last year for the long weekend at any rate will head up Wednesday should be sweet with the sun in the forecast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big dump yesterday morning, Temps were way warm but cooler today.

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Made it out Sunday for my first ride on the new to me 174 xm. We were unloaded and heading up by 715. It was unbelievable. Broke into the lakes and had 50 km on by 930 and was nearly played out.
Dropped down and headed up to catamount. Bunch of guys were dicking around trying to get in. Punched a couple trails up the last climb with the long track and raced up to get some pictures. It was crazy good. Bout 2 to 3 feet of snow anywhere you went and perfect bluebird till around 2 in the afternoon when it started socking in. Had 85 km and was back at the truck by 3.
Big shoot out to Doug Donnelly from the Calgary sled club for picking up a radio of ours that fell out of a tunnel bag. Thanks bud really appreciate.
I'll post pics if any one can walk to me through it on this confounded Tapatalk thing

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big slide ripped out on the lakes. Ran out further across the lake then I'd ever seen from that direction. We dug one trench and most of the pack is fairly stable if your off the steep stuff. Be safe out there eh

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another storm rolled through, was a very good day today.
Some slide activity started last weekend and still happening. Big one yesterday 1.5m crown in the Panorama area. Use caution.

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the temperature been at while it's been snowing? Looks like it's going to keep puking right into next week!

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Temps were down to -19 early in the week. Was -5 in the alpine today with crazy winds. Freezing level going up to 2500m Sunday....

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Read back to pg 6. no info. Coming up fri for a week, wondering if Forester is staging at same spot as last yr think K38? Is there any Logging, looks like road plowed and sanded. Any other info would be nice. Also would mind hooking up with others to ride with. Know some of the areas pretty good if any one looking for someone to show them around. like all types of riding except trail, have training and all gear.

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We'll be out there the end of this week newf might be able to get together for a couple days.
I'll pm you

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone been into the bugaboos or rocky point yet or is snow conditions going to be a little bit unstable for those areas?

Top Bottom