2016-17 Invermere area conditions

finkous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
trail up was good, just one icy spot on the tight switchback... went into brewer on friday, good all the way

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys buddy I went to forester on sat, it was our first time there. Here is what we seen while there.
1- there was a local guy there before us alone waiting to meet others to ride, we didn't stop into cabin straight towards the end and when we got 3/4 of the way there we heard an avy come down, a little while later we had come up to where it was, so we cut across to the far right corner and played there, a short while after we seen a good 7/8 sleds come up to were slide was and started high marking while the rest watched from below, no concern or worries it could slide again. Is there still people that don't know any better out there, these people ranged from teenage to over 50. So it's not just young guys thinking wrong....they were also from the area.......

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Morons!! I've ran into some very nice locals and some real azzhats.

Same whereever you go it seems. Thatz why our group rides the hidden areas to avoid morons!!

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're probably talking about the finger slides and yes every weekend there is people who like to play in the danger zone. I've seen that spot rip out and blow across the creek.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fawking cold still! -32 this morning. Nothing but clear skies in the forecast for the next 7days..

finkous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when we were there 3 weeks ago, the parking lot that we used was right of the main FSR. we backed our 32' trailer in, off the main road and tried to leave enough room for people to get around. somebody had drove futher up the road/trail but they had a deck on a truck, no trailer, and they would have had a tough time getting in.

schooled_dweeb

Reaction score
Up Rocky Point on Friday 13 Jan 2017.
Bit brisk but tolerable.
Road has been plowed to Cain Creek Fsr.
There is room for about 6 trucks with decks to park there...
Would not recommend going up Cain Creek.
Bridge is out...need more snow to make the steep, wide crossing.
Unloaded and drove to Rocky Point... Trial in was good except for the one switchback.
It is exposed to the sun and glazes over.
Probed at 8500 feet and got 7 feet of snow.
Area was mostly windblown with pockets of soft scattered everywhere.
Just a heads up...
I wondered off the trail on the way down...
caught a stump...
Cost me an A-Arm. _20170118_080918.JPG _20170118_085708.JPG

Last edited:

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blue bird day up Forster today. -5ish and fresh snow, not lots but enough to keep it interesting.
Trail was amazing
Road was plowed and sanded better than the hi way....
Nothing moving, but danger is out there.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hasn't happened yet or as of last Friday but that is the intention. It was done last year after the permit was approved.
Haven't heard from the grooming coordinator as to the timing yet but will post when I do.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been great, the grooming crew has been trying to groom after every 100 sleds. Old machine did not like the cold weather and was stubborn. Still shopping for new iron.

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the number of the guy who looks after the unit I'd be more than happy to take a look at it for em next time we're out. Hardly No work wrenching at home might as well do it and get an excuse to go sledding

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have 2 HD mechanics who are part of the grooming team thanks for the offer. They keep it running as best they can.

hughie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coming there next weekend for ride, been riding forester for 20yr on Alberta family day, any suggestions on other good places to go, maybe try something new on sunday

Top Bottom