2015 XM "Stuff"

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just some general observation "stuff" on the X, after nearly 1000 km on it:

Front ski bushings - some guys were complaining that they were junk. I had a look at them at 200 km and the bushings/bolts were dry as a bone, premature wear starting to show up, rusted, crappy factory grease I'm guessing. I greased 'em up and just had them apart, still nice and greasy, no wear marks like they were showing from the first inspection.

Chaincase oil, had it serviced at 200km, new oil put in, checked it today and it had 3-4oz more fluid in it than it should have and its all grey! It would appear water/moisture coming in from somewhere, sled going in to dealer to see whats happening, maybe a driveshaft seal, but no oil seen under the sled.

Sway bar - tossed it out after my last ride with takethebounce, I had disconnected it prior to the ride and its wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better, for me, without it. Much better/precise steering all over but especially sidehilling, some complain that the sled darts more on the trail but who rides on the trail! The entire sway bar will slide out on the muffler side, easy stuff.

Sherm

caper7

Reaction score
id check the seal on the back of the chaincase top bearing friends 2014 bearing went with 1800 km on it ..

Top Bottom