2015 t3's burning through sliders fix???

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
white non colored sliders have a more condensed molecular construction as well, always ran white sliders from kimpex and never had any issues.
P.S. im not a scientist by any means but it makes sense.

Last edited:

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had second set of idlers on my sled since new. (I noticed the BRP demo sled had them on so I thought it would be a good idea) Melted the sliders off my 174 in 500 Km. So when I changed the sliders I added Racers Edge Ski scratchers. Five minutes to install, have 300 km on the new sliders and they look good. I am being a little more careful on icy trails too.

RMPERK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ended up putting idlers in like the stock 2014. It has not missed a beat and I drove down some long stretches of logging roads with no snow. I would say it took it back to the same life as the 2014 etc.

DTH

Reaction score
Had second set of idlers on my sled since new. (I noticed the BRP demo sled had them on so I thought it would be a good idea) Melted the sliders off my 174 in 500 Km. So when I changed the sliders I added Racers Edge Ski scratchers. Five minutes to install, have 300 km on the new sliders and they look good. I am being a little more careful on icy trails too.

What position did you install these at, front or middle ?

RMPERK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some of it is the 3 inch track but lots of it is just the fact there is no idlers. Have had 2013 and 14 where i pulled the idlers all out and opps it turned in a slider eater the same as my T3 174. I put both sets of idlers in my 174 and have had no issues since. Or if you want to stay away from idlers put on the Hyper fax expensive sliders. They are rough and tough and can take long stretches of no snow. There melting point is way higher than stock OEM sliders. If you are going to go with one set my first reaction is to put them in as far forward as possiable. If you look at the New Polaris with the 3 inch track. You will see they have installed really smaller idlers way up front.

powdermuncher

Reaction score
Is that the anti stab kit ??:d

Run no wheels with my SP no problems as long as I use the scratchers on the trail 3" guys have way more problems especialy with the BRP scratchers they spray lots under the track and nothing on top

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last year with very low snow --- my 174 had NO issues with slider lubrication --- and everyone would overheat on the train up.... T

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I had just over 2000 km last season and I changed mine on my last ride. They would of made it another 300 km at least. I put those small scratchers down religiously on the trail. They were only worn in the middle as well. Added wheel kit there this year

Last edited:

jetpuff77

Reaction score
ice storms (scratchers) on the skis, wheel kit on front of skid, Hyperfax sliders, all will help with this issue.. Last year i ran scratchers and hyperfax, but this year I'm taking the ice storms off and running a wheel kit up front with the hyperfax.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Knight says he wore out in the middle. I also seen some pics of them wore there too. That's where I added a wheel kit. Is that the best place to install the idlers?

DTH

Reaction score
Knight says he wore out in the middle. I also seen some pics of them wore there too. That's where I added a wheel kit. Is that the best place to install the idlers?

My dealer said that's where they're seeing most of the wear also.

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I jut add a set of wheels as well. Is everyone adding one set or two? I was looking at the 13's and 14's and it looks like they both have four wheels up front inside the rails.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I would have thought that most of the wear would have been on the curve of the skid, I may have to move the wheel kit that I put on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

loudmouth+coke

Reaction score
I decided to bite the bullet and put on a set of hyperfax sliders.

when I took off the OEM they didn't show much wear, so if someone in the Sherwood Park area wants a spare set of sliders... send me a PM and you can have them.

Top Bottom