2015 Polaris Snowmobiles

PINandPRAY

Reaction score
15's same as 14's same as 13's=big letdown

Of course more reliable horsepower would've been great, but I dont give a Sh!t these sleds just work!!! I have a 14 pro and I will be snow checking a 15 because they get better and better.. Let down???? 99.9% of people that ride the back country will never take these sleds where there capable of going. If you wanted a magic carpet ride play video games!. If you cant ride these machines the way they were intended then brush up on your skills cuz it isnt the machine holding you back!! I'd rather have proper R&D before sticking gimmicks into the mountain chassis like 2013.. Polaris is in the right direction

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of course more reliable horsepower would've been great, but I dont give a Sh!t these sleds just work!!! I have a 14 pro and I will be snow checking a 15 because they get better and better.. Let down???? 99.9% of people that ride the back country will never take these sleds where there capable of going. If you wanted a magic carpet ride play video games!. If you cant ride these machines the way they were intended then brush up on your skills cuz it isnt the machine holding you back!! I'd rather have proper R&D before sticking gimmicks into the mountain chassis like 2013.. Polaris is in the right direction

I agree 100%.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

majority of the instragram and facebook post about junk 800 polaris motors, big let down for polaris no new rmk are ****ing kids that have 1995 cat exts and ****. Wouldnt even be buying a new sled anyways......

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd rather have proper R&D before sticking gimmicks into the mountain chassis like 2013.. Polaris is in the right direction

Exactly, I have no issues whatsoever with the chassis, but a motor that isn't reliable I do have issues with, needing new pistons due to excessive piston/cylinder clearance after 1200kms is ridiculous, maybe it doesn't matter to those that trade a sled in every year, but some people do intend on keeping these machines for multiple seasons.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love Polaris sleds. Especially my demo ride on a '14 Pro. But it seems they are sticking with the same things I spent two years working on my '10 Dragon to get sorted out. My dealer says in order to get the best from a 14 Pro will be to spend $2300 to install a Fix Kit and as a added bonus,... get an extra 8 HP. Then why hasn't Polaris done the same thing? By now we know what the problems have been with the piston skirt and cooling problem. I have been waiting for a couple years for Polaris to build more reliable motors that produces awesome power and better fuel economy and the 2015 Line Up looks as tho' we get the "Wait til next year" story.

I will still keep my '10 Dragon for my son to ride as I finally have it reliable enough to get there and back and have a lot of fun doing it.
Sorry Polaris, I believe there will be a new 'Doo in the garage this fall.

Drifter1

Reaction score
No H.O motor in the RMK is a big let down. Was also looking for gearing options. The lower bar ffrom factory and better shocks is pretty sweet proabley should of had that option a couple of years ago it's not that hard.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love Polaris sleds. Especially my demo ride on a '14 Pro. But it seems they are sticking with the same things I spent two years working on my '10 Dragon to get sorted out. My dealer says in order to get the best from a 14 Pro will be to spend $2300 to install a Fix Kit and as a added bonus,... get an extra 8 HP. Then why hasn't Polaris done the same thing? By now we know what the problems have been with the piston skirt and cooling problem. I have been waiting for a couple years for Polaris to build more reliable motors that produces awesome power and better fuel economy and the 2015 Line Up looks as tho' we get the "Wait til next year" story.

I will still keep my '10 Dragon for my son to ride as I finally have it reliable enough to get there and back and have a lot of fun doing it.
Sorry Polaris, I believe there will be a new 'Doo in the garage this fall.
You can get a fix kit and an extra 7.4HP for way less than $2300. Drop in kit from MTNTK is $799 (US). I agree that Polaris should have a reliable engine figured out by now, but I'm glad they aren't rushing the new engine into the mountain chassis. It's a lot more expensive to retrieve a dead sled in the back country than one on the trail.

Last edited:

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No H.O motor in the RMK is a big let down. Was also looking for gearing options. The lower bar ffrom factory and better shocks is pretty sweet proabley should of had that option a couple of years ago it's not that hard.

Gearing options from snow check would be sick. Not looking forward to buying a TKI belt drive for my pro. But with a 163 and a mid 200 lb guy some gearing down would be great. its a bunch of crap the 155 and 163 are the same gear ratio.

Top Bottom