2015 Polaris Snowmobiles

Megrizzly

Reaction score
Even though the mountain segment isn't revamped, there are some significant changes to the trail section that will make their way next year. A brief overview:

new 800 HO motor
new electronically controlled 3-stage exhaust valves and oil pump
new lcd display featuring bluetooth (allows phone calls or messages to be notified), gps/mapping capability
led headlights
new terrain dominator RMK editions

Last edited:

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even though the mountain segment isn't revamped, there are some significant changes to the trail section that will make their way next year. A brief overview:

new 800 HO motor
new lcd display featuring bluetooth (allows phone calls or messages to be notified), gps/mapping capability
led headlights

Looks good. Cant wait till rmk sees these goodies in '16

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

new 800 HO motor
led headlights

Yup. They could have put new plastic and new ho motor on it but i think they have bigger changes than that for next year!

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup mainly BNG ,clicker shocks on terrain domination models. I'll be keeping my 14.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that made my decision easy. Literally no upgrades to the 2015 so I might as well keep what I have. Now to see what Skud does.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems basically the same as 2014, not very exciting. Why wouldn't they paint the whole tunnel btw?

The Rush is sure an ugly turd.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems basically the same as 2014, not very exciting. Why wouldn't they paint the whole tunnel btw?

The Rush is sure an ugly turd.

Lol really? I think they look great. Would love a prox 137 for around home.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that made my decision easy. Literally no upgrades to the 2015 so I might as well keep what I have. Now to see what Skud does.

Red or black or 174x3" in yellow. All green freeride. Take your pic

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That poster suggests that the only changes are BNG and 3" tracks, neither of which interest me. Remains to be seen if there are other changes we can't see there.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
15's same as 14's same as 13's=big letdown

Lol fawk. Pay $20-30,000 for a completely nee motor and platform every 2 years, and cry when its not reliable. This will only be its 5th year. Iq ran from 05-10 thats 6 years.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol fawk. Pay $20-30,000 for a completely nee motor and platform every 2 years, and cry when its not reliable. This will only be its 5th year. Iq ran from 05-10 thats 6 years.

I don't think many people were looking for a new platform, just a motor that's more reliable with a little more power, but I guess that's a next year hope now.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think many people were looking for a new platform, just a motor that's more reliable with a little more power, but I guess that's a next year hope now.

800 ho and same plastic as the axys for sure next year, im sure some other changes as well.

Gear ratios with quick drive would be nice, and option to choose what one you want when snow checking would be great. Its bs the 155 and 163 have same gearing.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
800 ho and same plastic as the axys for sure next year, im sure some other changes as well.

Gear ratios with quick drive would be nice, and option to choose what one you want when snow checking would be great. Its bs the 155 and 163 have same gearing.

In a way I'm hoping Ski-doo come out with something big, so it forces Polaris to do something big for 2016.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a way I'm hoping Ski-doo come out with something big, so it forces Polaris to do something big for 2016.

You see the patent drawings on snowest? Taller spindles, dropped drive shaft and rear skid? Its basically the pro with a 2" lift. Looked like a narrower track and tunnel too, like 13-14" wide. I know the firecat 13.5" wide track was a trencher, im sure they wouldnt do it if there was no benifits in the deep over the pro.

Megrizzly

Reaction score
We will definitely see a bunch of these features on the 2016's, but looking back to 2010 when the rush was introduced, you could expect only a trail improvement for this year. Theres a bunch of new tech and if the HO motor produces the power and reliability that people are wanting, It will be a home run. That digital gauge is quite impressive to say the least.

I will say that Polaris does have quite a selection of colours and graphics to snow check. Its something the other manufacturers should look into.

Top Bottom