2015 ecm flash

moonbeam

Reaction score
Anyone had this done to a 13 or 14 yet? Been hearing 2015's rip......I thought my 14 was alot stronger than my 13 but there were different reeds and heads on 14's......

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard you cant flash the 15 map into a 13 or 14. Something about different injectors.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ohhh yeah, friends '15 XMX 154 definitely rips. It's pretty damn snappy out of the box. But I also thought that about my '14 compared to his '13. I blame it on summer, 4-5 months with out riding hinders the seat of the pants judgment.

moonbeam

Reaction score
I'd be willing to flash a little cash if it's worth it. 2015 parts fische shows same part numbers for injectors head reeds etc...pretty much unchanged with the exception of t3 stuff...3" track...chain case. ..and 438 ramps.....this is why I'm inquiring and I think snow tech mag stated flash changed rave timing...any way just throwing it out there maybe it can be done and make a difference too!!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ohhh yeah, friends '15 XMX 154 definitely rips. It's pretty damn snappy out of the box. But I also thought that about my '14 compared to his '13. I blame it on summer, 4-5 months with out riding hinders the seat of the pants judgment.

My brother said the same thing about the 154 sp he rode. Defiantly hauled azz he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had mine in today for its free warranty checkup, its 110% OK! I asked about the flashing and they said it was a mid range thing that they've changed and something with the reeds (didn't know they had them?), and some clutching stuff. The sled definitely hooks up and mid to top end is phenomenal, when you pin it on a hill its ski's up and the sky's the limit! Sherm

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had mine in today for its free warranty checkup, its 110% OK! I asked about the flashing and they said it was a mid range thing that they've changed and something with the reeds (didn't know they had them?), and some clutching stuff. The sled definitely hooks up and mid to top end is phenomenal, when you pin it on a hill its ski's up and the sky's the limit! Sherm

So your saying there is a new flash and reeds update available?

Any more info on what the issue with the reeds was? The only time my 13 sled was at the dealer was for the oil tank recall and it has worked flawless since out of the box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

moonbeam

Reaction score
Reeds can be updated...part #420924798. Reeds have been changed every year since etec came out....the 13 I had reeds were pooched at 1500 miles. ..my 14 only has 600 miles but reeds look like new...they have a soft rest surface that the 13 reeds didn't. ..don't know about flash that's what I'm trying to find out...dealers around here don't know squat and don't trust anything they tell me

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was new mapping for the 15's for the midrange stuff, I don't know if there is a flash available for "older" sleds or not. Info about the reeds was from one of the other forum's, I'll see if I can find it again and see if there are different part numbers than what moonbeam has......Sherm

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
This can NOT be done. I checked yesterday for someobody else.. probably from this same thread.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This can NOT be done. I checked yesterday for someobody else.. probably from this same thread.

??? Puzzled,
So no updates have been released for the 13? I know the 14 had one for a can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moonbeam

Reaction score
I can see that 13s may not be able to get new mapping as they have different heads, reeds, and injectors but the 14 motor is identical to the 15 according to DOOs parts fische. Can't see a reason why 14s couldn't get ecm updated .. unless brp says they won't. ..T-team can you elaborate as to why not?

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's from the "other" forum:
"My suspicions were confirmed, the 2015 mapping is different, and the power valve timing is updated to open the valves sooner." and "Its the ramps, the 438's have a engagement bump that the roller has to get over. Once past this bump its identical to the 13-14 clutching.", for what its worth. Some were noticing that the engagement speed of the clutch was higher, the "bump" is the reason...Sherm

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I can see that 13s may not be able to get new mapping as they have different heads, reeds, and injectors but the 14 motor is identical to the 15 according to DOOs parts fische. Can't see a reason why 14s couldn't get ecm updated .. unless brp says they won't. ..T-team can you elaborate as to why not?

I can when I don't have 4 sleds going out the door. I'll message you tonight. I didn't say you couldn't re flash a 13.. I said you can't put 15 programming in a 13

Clay911

Reaction score
Would the fiche for the 13 not show the 15 # for parts due to the fact that they no longer build the 13 say injectors and the 15 is a direct replacement so that's why both years show the same # yet it can not be updated as it has the old injector in it.

Top Bottom