2015 Avy Bags?

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need to upgrade my avy bag this year and im undecided between the ABS and Snowpulse bag. I currently have a snowpulse and have no issues with it. Has anyone seen the 2015 models of either bags yet? Im hoping there will be some at the Edmonton Sled show to test out. Any input would be great!

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Post what you find out of this I am in the same situation. Looks as though Black Diamond/Pieps have some new ones coming out as well that don't use compressed cylinders rather just fans. Will be interesting to see how these do. Would be nice to pull it whenever you get in a ****ty situation and not worry about it being empty the rest of the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdpZ-fMGYvs

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya i like the idea of the fan idea but im told its still a prototype so id hold off another year or so.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Correction i just got off the phone with them and they will be available mid December but they couldnt give me an exact date nor could they tell me how many will be available but they did say there wont be enough to go around this year. I want one but again first year of the product im not sure about that.

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't really think there will be much of an issue with that, its safety gear goes through pretty stringent testing. Even more so, just pull the thing a bunch of times do some test runs if your not comfortable. Hopefully they have some at the sled show to take a look at!

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That will really bring the price down on the cylinder units if it works as good as they say it should.

Interested in the temp spec for the battery and the overall weight of the bag.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That will really bring the price down on the cylinder units if it works as good as they say it should.

Interested in the temp spec for the battery and the overall weight of the bag.

Overall weight was about 7 pounds. I found it on there website. Price is $1240 us. Pretty steep

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Happened to be walking through MEC today, the guys let me know that they are expecting their Jetforce bags in the next two weeks. I'll let you know what I find!

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at upgrading my older ABS as well. Only because the newer bags are quite a bit lighter. I always wear my avy pack even i terrain that might not warrant it, so I would like the lightest bag out there I've been leaning towards the BCA throttle 22. although I do like the idea of the snow pulse trauma protection, I don't like the idea of not being able to see if the bag is inflated.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snow pulse vest with armor. done deal.

This.

I have a BCA Throttle 22 and wear a Tekvest. I want to ditch the Tekvest because it's trapping way too much moisture under it and I end up getting cold. The Snowpulse with the armor plates would completely solve that. I rode without the Tekvest on my last ride in March last year and no sweat issues.

Just something to think about when looking at avy packs.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue. Trying to wear tek vest and Avy pack snow pulse vest . I was to hot and sweaty. Put in the armour and was more more comfortable also more movement
Each to their own what suits body size and what you want/need to carry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This.

I have a BCA Throttle 22 and wear a Tekvest. I want to ditch the Tekvest because it's trapping way too much moisture under it and I end up getting cold. The Snowpulse with the armor plates would completely solve that. I rode without the Tekvest on my last ride in March last year and no sweat issues.

Just something to think about when looking at avy packs.

I totally have to treat my tek vest as a mid layer or I cook especially for spring riding. I wear a snowpulse back pack style not a vest

Blown Motor

Reaction score
Newmanater90,
Snowpulse hasn't changed since last year, and ABS has remained the same with some color changes. We carry both, and although they are both avy bags they have huge differences. Are you looking for gas or compressed air, one or two balloons, removable airbag system or not? Vest? What is most important to you so we can help you make a decision, or just answer some simple questions.

Top Bottom