2014 yammaha

Redturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck getting anything out of him, bahaha. Image if he spilled the beans he would have to take a cyanide pill before the black helicopters show up to get him.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dang Yamaha's. prolly just another heavy nitro apex thingy or whatever... Hahaha, Just kidding. It'd be cool if they had a two stroke sled? Or a LIGHTWEIGHT factory turbo 4-stroke,,.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Read a blog that had mentioned a bunch of guys heading to look at a clay model...yamaha sled talk.

C

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That means 2015 model year at best. 475lbs, 175 horse naturally aspirated 4 stroke. In the mean time I think I gonna abandon my blue whale and wrap my legs on a polaris. Have Yamaha call me when they have something good to tell me. (Yes I'm a brand slut, I'll ride flavour of the day)

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see them come back out with a 2 stroke mountain class. Redesign the old triple motor technology. Ulghhhhhh..... I love the sound of the old yammy triples. It broke my heart when they stopped makin em. Sure, 4 strokes are nice for the crazy guys turboing them up and all, but can you imagine like a 900, 1000, or even bigger, yammy triple, slammed into the latest and greatest chassis, 200 of raw, brp-eating horsepower... I'd buy one:cool:

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I'm wondering, seeing as pretty soon Arctic Cat will need to upgrade their injection system and Suzuki is now out of the picture, if maybe we will see a new large displacement Yamaha two stroke re-branded as a Arctic Cat or a domestic built Cat engine with a Yamaha Direct Injection system or some variant along these lines.

farmerger

Reaction score
I'm wondering, seeing as pretty soon Arctic Cat will need to upgrade their injection system and Suzuki is now out of the picture, if maybe we will see a new large displacement Yamaha two stroke re-branded as a Arctic Cat or a domestic built Cat engine with a Yamaha Direct Injection system or some variant along these lines.

I thought AC had made a big deal about separating from Suzuki to build their own engines; did I miss something? Seems odd they would then jump in bed with Yamaha especially since the buy out of Suzuki owned AC stocks seemed to really drive their stock value up.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I would imagine it is a lot of money to develop a direct fuel system so sometimes it is just easier and cheaper to license and use another manufacturers system. Rebranding is really common as well, the introduction of the new Yamaha 120 sleds last year is a good example. Pretty sure there is or was alot of horse trading going on between the big four with all the patents covering snowmobile technology. But the prevailing rumor in the snowmobile industry is there is something big going on between Arctic Cat and Yamaha, time will tell I guess.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would imagine it is a lot of money to develop a direct fuel system so sometimes it is just easier and cheaper to license and use another manufacturers system. Rebranding is really common as well, the introduction of the new Yamaha 120 sleds last year is a good example. Pretty sure there is or was alot of horse trading going on between the big four with all the patents covering snowmobile technology. But the prevailing rumor in the snowmobile industry is there is something big going on between Arctic Cat and Yamaha, time will tell I guess.
the cat 120 had a yamaha built engine in it. thats why the brand exchange.

Top Bottom