2014 XM Can

4dzrule

Reaction score
Just a little FYI for you guys, mocked up my new MBRP race can and had some fitment issues. The choke sleeve on the end of the factory pipe was hitting the weld on the inside of the neck of the stinger before the flange would contact the donut seal on the pipe, didn't notice it at first but was having trouble getting the L bracket on the stinger to hang over the rubber mount on the frame. No worries tho... Dean at Mad Motorsports is first class and called me back right away and told me MBRP will send me a new one and cover the freight both ways. If you buy one just make sure its getting a proper seal is all. Other than that its a sweet piece and is a staggering 13.5 lbs lighter than stock...and yes snopro I paid $310 and Dean charges the same for the trail can.

Attachments

• IMG_00000448.jpg
    IMG_00000448.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 225

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chit I'd better get in on this

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383013144842.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383013144842.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 215

summitzx

Reaction score
Ya only got fleeced $14. Lol.

Lol oh well I bet it will not be the last time I over pay for something lol. Might have to try shopping online for a change instead of carting my ass down to the specialized shops that seem to see me miles before I step through the door. Thanks for the info now I can change my price.:)

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol oh well I bet it will not be the last time I over pay for something lol. Might have to try shopping online for a change instead of carting my ass down to the specialized shops that seem to see me miles before I step through the door. Thanks for the info now I can change my price.:)
Good luck with the sale!:)

4dzrule

Reaction score
Chit I'd better get in on this

No need to worry lowlife from what I understand it there is just a couple bad race cans out there, trail cans should be ok. Ya the dealers sell for 359+gst and Deano sells them for 310+GST...go figure and who doesn't like supporting the little guy...none the less MBRP is still my choice, their homework has been done...just hope the noise police aren't all over me with the race can, it didn't sound much different than the trail can in the shop but I'm sure that will change when she's wicked.

Last edited:

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

No Sh!t I ordered my HPS dirrect from him in the states. I ended up paying $475 by the time I had it home. Had it 3 weeks hanging on the wall in the garage still waiting for my sled.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No Sh!t I ordered my HPS dirrect from him in the states. I ended up paying $475 by the time I had it home. Had it 3 weeks hanging on the wall in the garage still waiting for my sled.
$475 is way to much for an exhaust can....even if is gold plated.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have bought or sold MBRP for as long as I can remember. They always sell below $300 and are a solid piece with no issues and given the stamp of approval by BRP engineering in 2007 and on. Some guys out there are just getting greedy selling these and all cans.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have bought or sold MBRP for as long as I can remember. They always sell below $300 and are a solid piece with no issues and given the stamp of approval by BRP engineering in 2007 and on. Some guys out there are just getting greedy selling these and all cans.

I think Mbrp has there manufacturing process more stream lined and a bunch of these guys are still makeing cans by hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Mbrp has there manufacturing process more stream lined and a bunch of these guys are still makeing cans by hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

And is made of solid stainless steal which is more costly and harder work with all aspects.

Sent while sitting on the toilet when I should be working!

Top Bottom