2014 XM can issues

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think about what your saying. If the muffler was light this thread wouldn't be happening as there would be no need changing it.
What the hell does a muffler have to do with meeting emissions .
Man I am a Doo guy but sometimes it's hard to take .
LennyR is right!!!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think about what your saying. If the muffler was light this thread wouldn't be happening as there would be no need changing it.
LennyR is right!!!!

your right. skidoo just makes it huge because its fun and uses alot of materials. your a genius. if its so hard to take put me on ignore. thought you would have figured that out being as im so dumb and your so smart lmao

oh. and everyone on a pro rmk keeps there stock can? get real. maybe more do but not many.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this any different than the issues the 11's, 12's and 13's had with many of the aftermarket silencers? It seems many of them threw the temp probe codes....but I don't think I will be updating my 13 until we know more, I would rather not run the suitcase this year.
I just had my 13 updated at my dealer and my sled ran fine through no codes and the handle bar heat was way better than before.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
LennyR is right!!!!

Did someone just ask what a muffler has to do with meeting emmisions??? Or is my computer broken......

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did someone just ask what a muffler has to do with meeting emmisions??? Or is my computer broken......

X2. And why would skidoo waste a bunch of money making a light weight quiet muffler when 99% of people put on a after market can. It don't make since on wasting money to make a small amount of people happy.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the engineers at BRP would love to make it lighter but probably can't because of some reason we will never understand. It meets noise and emission regulations for Canada. Maybe Polaris doesn't have to meet that same guideline because they aren't manufactured in Canada and they get a free get out of jail card? Who knows...

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sure let's go there, a muffler is for reducing sound it does nothing to clean the exhaust. You are confusing a muffler with a catalytic converter.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Sure lets go there..... Ever heard of noise emissions?

Sent from my iPhone using

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put 25km on the 2014 in the fields this weekend with "The Thing Cooker Can" no codes or anything. I guess we will find out once we ride it where it counts!

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
uhh....noise....sound....same thing Sharpie. you are just repeating what BHowes just said.

Take a hike prowler. He told me I was wrong. He said I was confusing it with a converter. I said I wasn't... Emissions are gas, and noise. EPA is in charge of both.... Sharpie.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put 25km on the 2014 in the fields this weekend with "The Thing Cooker Can" no codes or anything. I guess we will find out once we ride it where it counts!

The only code mine threw was at low elevation. Seems that's where most are doing it I bet you will be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure lets go there..... Ever heard of noise emissions?

Sent from my iPhone using

Fair enough I'll concede they are called noise emissions, only thing is that he asked for a lighter, quiet muffler... not an ear splitter.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Agreed! I think the mbrp trail can is a quiet as they come though... I didn't read far enough if he tried it yet!

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sure BRP could find a way to still meet noise emission requirements without building an 18lbs can. The size is ridiculous. If polaris can do it Im sure skidoo can.

And Im sure skidoo customers would appreciate the wieght savings and not having to buy an aftermarket can.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sure BRP could find a way to still meet noise emission requirements without building an 18lbs can. The size is ridiculous. If polaris can do it Im sure skidoo can.

And Im sure skidoo customers would appreciate the wieght savings and not having to buy an aftermarket can.

I certainly would. $300-$450 for a tiny little muffler is highway robbery.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah its funny that I just put a full 4" MBRP exhaust system with a muffler on my diesel for just over $200. But an MBRP can is 300 or more.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
The e-tech is hitting really really low emissions. It runs on an average... If you have a set amount of really really low emmisions engines per manufacturer ... Example "ACE" and "E-TECH" you are still allowed to keep other... "Not so clean" engines... Example... Ski-doo 550f . So obviously that being the case they are going to try and bring the rating down as much as possible. 95% of people are going to put an aftermarket can on anyways... TRUST ME.

Top Bottom