2014 skidoo

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I remember right in 2010 they also had the summit 1200 four stroke in there catalogs, but that never happened.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bombardier is tax dollars in action, BRP is not.

up until recently....2003.....same company....and that company received huge grants from our Canadian Govt. over the years (more than a billion $$$).....do you really think that the recreational division never benefitted from this??

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are talking about a decade ago.. the time the zx chassis was still around.
And no, I don't think the Bombardier family cashed in on government grants and bought the recreational dept because of it.

up until recently....2003.....same company....and that company received huge grants from our Canadian Govt. over the years (more than a billion $$$).....do you really think that the recreational division never benefitted from this??

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2003 isn't exactly recent.

For a company that started in the 1930's.......10 years ago is fairly recent....yes, some changes were made in the last 10 years but the fact is a whole crap load of our Canadian tax dollars have been poured into that corporation.....

Just wondering....where would they be today without that extra 1 billion dollars of FREE money??

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they had split off the Recreational product 30+ years ago, my guess is that the recreation side would have been fine. People always have and always will buy Ski-Doo.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For a company that started in the 1930's.......10 years ago is fairly recent....yes, some changes were made in the last 10 years but the fact is a whole crap load of our Canadian tax dollars have been poured into that corporation.....

Just wondering....where would they be today without that extra 1 billion dollars of FREE money??

now, lets say that the recreational division only got paltry 5% of that money over the years......that is still 50 million....not loans....free government money!

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they had split off the Recreational product 30+ years ago, my guess is that the recreation side would have been fine. People always have and always will buy Ski-Doo.

Who knows?

Maybe without that cash cow backing them, they would not have been able to buy Evinrude, etc.

Who knows where they would be today if they had to struggle on their own like the others?

My question.....what benefit are we Canadians getting from BRP for all that free money? Cheaper sleds in Canada where they are made? More jobs in Alberta /Western Canada or more jobs in Quebec?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The family bought the shares from bombi. Your conspiracy theory is bunk.

Who knows?

Maybe without that cash cow backing them, they would not have been able to buy Evinrude, etc.

Who knows where they would be today if they had to struggle on their own like the others?

My question.....what benefit are we Canadians getting from BRP for all that free money? Cheaper sleds in Canada where they are made? More jobs in Alberta /Western Canada or more jobs in Quebec?

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are talking about a decade ago.. the time the zx chassis was still around.
And no, I don't think the Bombardier family cashed in on government grants and bought the recreational dept because of it.

Really....you don't think that family has "more in their bank account" because of the billion dollars given to them to help build their Quebec company???

I am not saying that they took the grant money and deposited in their own accounts but do you really believe that the Bombardier family would be as successful today without the handouts?

I wonder what would have happened over the years if it was not a Quebec company?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who knows?

A little research is in order here: When Bombardier was in financial trouble YES it recieved money from the government. As part of the way to get back on their feet they also SOLD their only profitable division, the recreational products division, (now BRP) back to the Bombardier family. It has been a different company ever since.

On 27 August 2003 – Bombardier, Inc. announced the sale of its BRP (Recreational Products) unit to a group of investors: (50%), Bombardier Family (35%) and (15%) for $875 million.[SUP][12][/SUP] As part of the deal, BRP retained rights to the sprocket logo, which they subsequently modified. Its and dated back to the origins of the company; current brands are Ski-Doo and

Ooooo...Bain Capital...Mitt Romney....Bain the evil bad guy on Batman....lets have some more wild speculation....

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who knows?

is this the new idle no more protest? live in the now dude.....or are you just upset about your new partnership with the japanese? dunno how cat could partner up with them after what they did in pearl harbor....

Top Bottom