2014 Pro Summit RXMK

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the premature engine failures poo keeps having is a little more to worry about then driveshafts. But for that reason I will be switching back to ski-doo next season. Love my pro but my buddies XM 163 lays over and holds a line just as easy, if not easier than my 155. At first i didnt really care for the XM but after some seat time it Feels a bit lighter on the snow also and the Etech power is great. Poo builds a great sled but these new XM's are where it's at.

The 13 is not the same engine and I have not heard of any problems yet and I have not heard of any driveshaft failures since the clamp was put on.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guess there's no point of sending T-team a deposit if this sled isn't real :(

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 13 is not the same engine and I have not heard of any problems yet and I have not heard of any driveshaft failures since the clamp was put on.

I thought the only difference was a different crank and a little thicker cylinder wall? I could be wrong.. I have heard of a few failures on the '13 pro but I think that it was more so dealer error when building the sled (air in oil system, kinked oil line etc.). With that said my buddies '13 pro has been a solid sled, 750 miles without a hiccup. I have 1500 miles on mine and it just started fouling plugs and skipped going into reverse 3 times now but im not gonna jump the gun yet, it has been a great sled this far. I also haven't heard of any pros with the clamp bust a driveshaft so that's another plus. I guess time will tell with the '13 motors but I do wish polaris made a more reliable motor. By all means these pro's are no where near as bad as the dragons were for popping motors!

Reactions: cs5
Top Bottom