2014 Pro RMK Upgrades?

jockdoc

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2014 Pro 163. I am wondering what guys are doing to address any weaknesses or quirks, if any? I threw a can and a tether on the sled and that's it so far. Should a guy just put gas in it and ride?

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2014 Pro 163. I am wondering what guys are doing to address any weaknesses or quirks, if any? I threw a can and a tether on the sled and that's it so far. Should a guy just put gas in it and ride?

Stock clutching is a bit off with the 62g in the mountains. Doesn't pull to 8000+ rpms. Do some searches on here and you'll be happy you did some adjustments. Sled will pull way better

jockdoc

Reaction score
Thanks. I tried a search and didn't find anything specific. My key words were 2014 Pro RMK Clutching. Any suggestions?

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put on a small aluminum skid under the bottom quick drive pully as there is a vulnerable spot there.Other than that 2" riser, mbrp can,extra bogies and some storage space.Just ride it first the clutching is usually dead on from 5-7k.Should pull 8250.Yes definatly want to add gas!! as may not get far

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rip of the hood and remove the air horns IN THE HOOD PART not the air box pry the shelf from the hood and remove them. Also I would install a Firenice intake vent or SLP whatever but they.. need it

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rip of the hood and remove the air horns IN THE HOOD PART not the air box pry the shelf from the hood and remove them. Also I would install a Firenice intake vent or SLP whatever but they.. need it

Hey Chrisco, I have a couple of questions about this. What horns are you talking about (could you post some pictures)? And, not doubting your knowledge and experience, just curious to what the benefits are? I'm guessing better air flow? Thanks.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you take your hood off and look on the bottom side you will see the bottom side of your air intake. You can split it open. When you open it you will see 2 curved plastic tubes. They are just sitting in there loose. Just take them out and put the hood back together.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This really do anything? I looked at it but seemed like a PITA to take apart and may break something.

Ive heard hps cans can add 150 rpm. Wonder if a hps and taking these horns out with high flow intake would do more?

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

etateruq.jpg
avuvy4um.jpg

pok900

Reaction score
What method have you found the most successful for splitting the box? The attachments look kinda like a one time deal.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would imagine just take a drill to the plastic dart, and then replace it with a real rivet or something if your keeping the housing. I wasn't worried about keeping the housing when I pulled mine out as I was tossing the whole works. I'm pretty sure I probably just grabbed a long flat blade screwdriver and popped the darts off the rest is just on those little plastic clips
u7upata6.jpg

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't need to reuse those three clips. So i usually just cut the head off with some side cutters. The tabs around the outside perimeter I usually just pop with a small flat blade screwdriver. I have done 4 hoods and only broke one tab. Not to bad of a job.

Top Bottom