2014 Pro No Spark.

RyanTacoPro

Reaction score
My buddies 2014 Pro would not start once we arrived to our riding destination on Monday. It loaded onto the trailer fine, but sat outside overnight. No spark at all. This happened a couple weeks ago and he brought it to the dealer. He was told there's a "throttle sensor" that doesn't like getting frozen. We tore apart the throttle and made sure no ice was messing anything up. No luck. Through our desperation we changed plugs and plug caps. So far this reoccurring issue has ruined 2 rides for him. Looking for some one with some electrical knowledge on these things. Or the next place we should look. Pretty sure something important is frozen. The sleds are stored in an unheated shed. Thanks in advance

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try by-passing the kill switch. Google which exact electrical plugs to switch above the clutch side. Happend to a buddy's sled and this did the trick. Faulty kill switch. You'll just have to use the ignition key to shut it off untill new switch is installed.

RyanTacoPro

Reaction score
Try by-passing the kill switch. Google which exact electrical plugs to switch above the clutch side. Happend to a buddy's sled and this did the trick. Faulty kill switch. You'll just have to use the ignition key to shut it off untill new switch is installed.

ill do some googling.

looneyrod27

Reaction score
Do you have a tether on this unit? Maybe try unplugging that. It will require hood removal and while your in the little black bag between the over structure tubes, where the connectors are located you will find the connections for your tether as well as kill switch, throttle switch etc. that would be a good place to start to diagnose it...hope this helps

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddies 2014 Pro would not start once we arrived to our riding destination on Monday. It loaded onto the trailer fine, but sat outside overnight. No spark at all. This happened a couple weeks ago and he brought it to the dealer. He was told there's a "throttle sensor" that doesn't like getting frozen. We tore apart the throttle and made sure no ice was messing anything up. No luck. Through our desperation we changed plugs and plug caps. So far this reoccurring issue has ruined 2 rides for him. Looking for some one with some electrical knowledge on these things. Or the next place we should look. Pretty sure something important is frozen. The sleds are stored in an unheated shed. Thanks in advance

Just out of curiosity what dealer are you with?

I'd be pretty upset if my new pro ruined a few rides for me as well, havent really taken mine out yet but usually starts within the first 3 pulls...to me that is too much for a brand new efi sled but apparently its not

snobyrd

Reaction score
This might be a stupid question, did u try swapping out the plugs, I had 2 brand new plugs fail the same time after a short ride, I also had a falty tether switch as well, pol replaced it under warranty.

Top Bottom